hey i have an order to place

Discussion in 'Ship Comparison' started by Sneakshot, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Sneakshot

Sneakshot New Member

how much would it cost for some one to build me a ship i have a love for Northampton Class cruisers but im too poor to build my own could i get some est on time and cost for some one to build me a boat? (then teach me how to use it lol)

2. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

It would probably cost you somewhere around a 1000 dollars or more. It would depend on what format (big gun, small gun) you wanted it in. You would have all the costs of materials plus the cost of the labour. The best suggestion would be to get something used to start with so that you can learn. After you got familiar with maintaining a boat you can attempt to build one on your own.

3. Sneakshot

Sneakshot New Member

ok so 1000 bucks can anyone do it for half that? or any ship i just need rough est before i start saving money once i do start i should have 1000 by 2 months (i make good money and have no bills lol im a lucky minor)

4. klibben

klibben Member

Well you should find someone to build the hull for you, that will be relatively cheap... then find some a club in your area and have them recommend what parts to buy and they might be willing to help you hook it up and show you how to use it... most guys are.

5. Sneakshot

Sneakshot New Member

well i know who is around me but i havent quite met them yet i work alot :(

6. Sneakshot

Sneakshot New Member

hull costs would help alot to i would like a heavy allied cruiser they are fast and do pack a punch ( i use a xbox 360 game as a reference Battlestations midway gametag-sneakshot89)

7. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

try battlersconnection.com; also check the vendor's section on rcnavalcombat's mainsite. Where are you located?

8. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

Within 4-5 weeks Tugboat will have my molds for the Spanish Canarias Class heavy cruisers that can battle on the Axis or Allied side because they are Neutral, and for the British Kent Class heavy cruisers (one of 3 sub-classes referred to together as the County Class).

They are best armed with 2 stern guns, based on comparison with bow and stern gun armed versions in the NABS fleet. They have higher freeboard than the U.S. heavy cruisers and are harder to sink, also do much better in rough water.

Bob

9. Sneakshot

Sneakshot New Member

ok how much for one of these hulls and i know of a few members near me in dayton ohio

10. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Haven't finalized pricing yet, as I need to do one to know how much material and time it'll take, but I'd say for hull alone $125-150, plus shipping from Georgia. With 4 turrets, add $20. The Kent/Canarias hull will be the basis for an all-in-one kit that will have everything, with instructions. No price on that yet, but I'll post updates as it comes together. Going to try to keep it between $500 & $700, which would be everything except a radio and batteries, some assembly required. Guns and the wiring harness (for the batteries, pump, and drive motors) will be pre-assembled.

I second Bob's recommendation for twin stern guns most heartily.

11. Sneakshot

Sneakshot New Member

ok so i will have to get 750$ now is that up front or can we work out payments?

12. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

I can't accept payments at all until I have hulls to ship :) To do otherwise would be unethical.

It is possible to buy a hull, and buy other subkits, like the deck, driveline (motors, gearboxes, shafts and props), or gunnery (cannons and CO2 handling) subkits separately. If you let me know that you're going to build the all-in-one in "installments" so to speak, the first piece to buy, logically speaking, is the hull, and I'd stick the instruction booklet in that package.

13. the frog

the frog Member

14. Sneakshot

Sneakshot New Member

when is a good time to call?

15. the frog

the frog Member

anytime 937-603-8008

16. Sneakshot

Sneakshot New Member

Hey when and where is this build session?