HF rotary tool sale

Discussion in 'General' started by Beaver, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Beaver

Beaver 2020 Rookie of the Year Admiral (Supporter)

2. thegeek

thegeek Well-Known Member

And in the trash by the 20th, HF electric tools are generally poor in quality. But at $7 just the tools with it make it a deal.

WillCover likes this.
  3. WillCover

WillCover -->> C T D <<--

add stinger motor..

4. SteveT44

SteveT44 Well-Known Member

Depends on the tool. I have a HF $29 reciprocating saw that demo'd an entire deck and is still going strong. I always check the user reviews before deciding on a HF purchase. To HF's credit, they do seem to keep all reviews, both positive and negative posted.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
    NickMyers likes this.
  5. dietzer

dietzer Admiral (Supporter)

HF is very hit and miss. Some stuff works great, some stuff doesn't.

Their reciprocating saw, multi-function tool, belt/disc combo sanders and hand-held belt sander all have worked great for me and are still going strong. Their low end palm sander, on the other hand, is sadly underpowered, and the batteries on their cordless drills are terrible - the last one I bought didn't last 1 month even with very light use. I won't buy cordless drills there anymore.

Like Steve said, check the reviews before buying...

NickMyers likes this.
  6. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

If its in the trash a day after you buy it, you threw away 7$. Take it back to HF and get a new one.

Harbor Fright is cheap for a reason. Always check the tool for proper functionality ASAP, return it for a different one if its jacked up. My experience with HF is that if its actually assembled right and works correctly, it'll do so for a while if you respect the limitations of the tool (they're consumer grade, no pro stuff).

7. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

I love how their ads highlight '3 star rating!' and similar - they know some of their stuff is crap and they're honest about it

SteveT44 likes this.
  8. thegeek

thegeek Well-Known Member

Yes Sir I do that all the time, keep your receipt. I bought a tree pole saw, didn't last 12 branches, returned and replaced without issue the next day.
    But back to the point of what you get for your dollar, HF is very good in general. But I never get by with less than $100 per visit.

SteveT44 and NickMyers like this.
  9. SteveT44

SteveT44 Well-Known Member

Maxspin and NickMyers like this.