HI from Baltimore

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Sveillon, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Sveillon

Sveillon New Member

In a nut shell, me and a buddy were sitting at my house trying to come up with ways to build a couple of RC boats that can shoot at each other. I told him I will go looking around online "we can't be the first ones to come up with this idea" so that's how I got here. We would be willing to join any local clubs in the area if any are still active. So please any advice would be welcome.

After spending the day looking around this website I just can't wait to start putting something together. My biggest problem is finding out local roles so we can go play with others.

2. thegeek

thegeek Well-Known Member

Marty Hayes in Annapolis, they have weekly builds on Fridays, most weekends. No a/c so not when its hot.

3. WillCover

WillCover -->> C T D <<--

Welcome!

4. battleship_dave

battleship_dave Member

Welcome. Where in Baltimore? I live in Parkville.

5. SteveT44

SteveT44 Well-Known Member

Well, lucky for you, your sitting in one of the largest concentrations of battlers on the planet. As Carl mentioned, the Maryland Attack Group (MAG) is based out of Annapolis. I'm over here in Rockville. Go say hello at the IRCWCC Yahoo mail list were most of the MD captains hang out.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/IRCWCC/info

6. Sveillon

Sveillon New Member

send me an address and I will make it over when ever I can.

7. Sveillon

Sveillon New Member

Brooklyn park.

8. SteveT44

It will be best for you to introduce yourself at the Yahoo group. Marty is very active there.

9. warspiteIRC

warspiteIRC RIP

I am active here also (at times). We meet on most Friday nights at a garage at 1106 Skyway Drive, Cape St. Claire, MD. 7pm on. this coming Friday will be prep for the next battle which is at Greenbrair State Park, Boonsburo, Md. (halfway between Fredrick and Hagerstown. The following Friday (the 16th. we will not meet 'causew e be in Hagerstown.

10. Sveillon

Sveillon New Member

I tried to make it out last Friday but I got out voted by my wife. I have this Friday off, so you guys have a battle going on in Hagerstown? I could come up there.

11. Sveillon

Sveillon New Member

Well I just saw that Friday, September 16, 2016 at 10:00 AM - Sunday, September 18, 2016 at 1:00 PM (EDT)

I would never make it in time after work Friday, but I could try and come out Saturday or Sunday.

12. Kevin P.

Kevin P. Well-Known Member

Saturday is your best bet for the most battling. We plan to start at 10ish, though the first battle might end up being closer to 10:30. Either way the event will be well attended, so there will be plenty of time to check out some boats, ask questions, and enjoy the carnage.

Sunday we only do an AM battle, again around 10am, and will be packed up by noon-ish.

13. Sveillon

Sveillon New Member

Ok, just a quick observation... The IRCSCC rules guide needs an index added to it.

Also it would keep referring to the ship list but your not provided with one or told where to get it. Page -16- H 1. "Refer to the IRCWCC ship list for a list of approved combat ships"

14. SteveT44

Here you go.

http://ircwcc.com/main/shiplist/

15. Sveillon

Sveillon New Member

Oh steve, I have confirmed with the wife that I will be able to make it this friday if you guys are going to be there.

16. warspiteIRC

warspiteIRC RIP

We will be there!