Hi from California

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by markocaster, May 3, 2021.

1. markocaster

markocaster New Member

Hi new guy here. I am actually more interested in just building an rc ship, not battling. Or at least not yet, perhaps there is a NORCAL group? I am an rc tank guy , but being former Navy I think it’s time for a ship or two. Hope to learn lots here. I am thinking of the battlersconnection liberty ship as my first
    Cheers Mark

Last edited: May 3, 2021
  2. Nibbles1

Nibbles1 Well-Known Member

Hey Mark,
    We in the Western Warship Combat Club are in Northern California. We're planning some events soon and just starting to open up. We do 1/144 scale Big Gun RC Warship Combat. If you want to check out the combat aspect of the hobby, we are having a battle in June in Watsonville with loaner transports to try out. It's really fun. A transport like a Liberty Ship is actually a good way to start in the Big Gun format if you want to build for combat. On the RC part of the hobby, we have lots of great resources on the site and I'm sure everyone would be willing to help out.
    Sammy

Z Boat likes this.
  3. markocaster

markocaster New Member

Thanks for the welcome Sammy. I am in the Bay Area so a trip down to watch a battle would be cool. Ordered my ship last night
    Cheers Mark

4. Z Boat

Z Boat Well-Known Member

Welcome Mark,

As Sammy has said we are an active club in the Bay area and we also do build sessions to help people get there ships ready to play and we would answer any build questions you might have even if you build it non combat. The next one is on May 22 at BigGun Jeff's shop, so stop by and see what we are building.

5. markocaster

markocaster New Member

Thanks , I unfortunately work on the 22nd. Are there any other dates in the future? Cheers Mark

6. Nibbles1

Nibbles1 Well-Known Member

We're next having a battle June 19-20 (I think) at Joe's pond. It's a two day thing, although we will probably be more active on the first day. There probably will be more events after that if all goes well.

7. markocaster

markocaster New Member

Sounds great will mark my calendar.