HK-7X 2.4Ghz 7ch w/ 5 Model Memory TX & RX V2 (Mode 1)

Discussion in 'Electrical & Radio' started by NASAAN101, Aug 9, 2010.

1. wrenow

wrenow RIP

Remember me saying this is fluid - Flysky still does not have their i10 in the market, and...

The FRSky Taranis (aka X9D) is slowly entering the marketplace as they ramp up production (they already have an early production, model A and Model B our, each with slight improvements), but are still hard to come by at the moment (I have one in hand, one in shipping, and one on a waiting list - I like this radio for Big Gun), and they just made the following announcement:

Radio: Taranis X9D +
    Estimate available within two months.
    The Taranis X9D+ will have some new features and functions over the Taranis X9D, including haptic, upgraded sliders, dual-color LED backlight grey-scale display, 6-position replaceable encoder, etc.

* Current Taranis X9D radio can obtain parts of new X9D+ features via components replacement and firmware upgrade.

If you need a powerful and flexible radio and can get a Taranis now, no real reason to wait, as you will be able to upgrade the features you want later.

Cheers,

2. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

I'm looking at the orange radio.. dose anyone Use it??
    Nikki

3. wrenow

wrenow RIP

Dear Nikki,
    I thought you already had gotten a Futaba 6EX back in May - which is far superior, IMHO, to the Orange.
    Also, are any of your ships ready to sail yet?
    Cheers,
    Wreno

4. NASAAN101

Werno,
    That futaba 7-channel is staying with the Artemis. And the orange transmitter is for the cruiser and carrier.. I hope that made sence..
    Nikki

5. wrenow

wrenow RIP

Dear Nikki,
    You realize the Futaba has 6 model memory and can be set up for 6 different ship configurations, right?
    The Orange, last I looked, was not FCC certified for use in the US, so you might not be allowed to use it at some events. If the cruiser and carrier are not ready for sea yet, I would continue to hold off on the radio. The next couple of months look very fluid and interesting on that front - many changes afoot, some supposed to be in time for Christmas (though realistically, more like January of February).
    Cheers,
    Wreno

6. NASAAN101

Werno,
    I also have two RC Flea-markets coming up soon (Feb & March) .. So I'll be looking there for radios two!!! But I also Got on Servo city and they have the same Recivers, that I got with my 7-channel, for about $39.99.. Here the link: http://www.servocity.com/html/r617fs_7-channel_2_4ghz_rx.html .. let me know what you thing that way i can keep everyone on the same radio!!!
    Nikki

7. wrenow

wrenow RIP

Careful with the flea-markets, Nikki. Most of that stuff will probably be 72mHz (air) frequencies that are illegal for ship use. Legal for ship use is 27mHx, 75mHz, and2.4gHz. Anything over about $30-$80 you can probably buy a new one that is as good for your purposes. For about $200, you can buy (right now in short supply due to high demand, though about it appears 4,000 have shipped) a FRSky Taranis, one of the most powerful and flexible radios out there now.

Again, are your ships ready for sea trials yet? Remember - don't consider buying the radio until LAST. What is available and bankg for the buck changes quickly right now. Taranis is already on Model C and has a "+" model coming out, and Turnigy 9XR has a "Pro" model coming out, And, perhaps the FlySky i10.

Cheers,

8. absolutek

absolutek -->> C T D <<--

Wrenow, no disrespect, but Nikki doesn't need a radio capable of 32 channels. She needs something that is cheap & easy to use as she is on a budget. There is a nice selection of sub $100 radios that would fit this bill nicely on the HK website.

9. NASAAN101

guys,
    Last night i was looking on Servo city and they have the same Receivers, that I got with my 7-channel, for about $39.99.. Here the link: http://www.servocity.com/html/r617f...hz_rx.html .. let me know what you thing that way i can keep everyone on the same radio!!! so I would have to buy another right, And can keep all three of my ships on the same one, like i was thing to begin with! But it would just mean that i would been to Get another battery for the transmitter!
    Nikki

10. wrenow

wrenow RIP

11. NASAAN101

12. absolutek

absolutek -->> C T D <<--

Those have sure dropped in price.

13. NASAAN101

Chase .
    I might just get the. One s that are $25.50..
    Nikki

14. wrenow

wrenow RIP

Yep, especially since FRSky cloned them. Check out the FASST compatible ones on alofthobbies.com
    They also have ones that are compatible with the Futaba non-FASST system, so be careful which you choose.
    A lot more affordable than the original Futaba pricing. I don't have any yet, but have heard lots of good reports on them.
    Cheers,

15. NASAAN101

Werno,
    I know, I might just get those!!! And velico them to the tome of the deck!! also, would there work: http://secure.hobbyzone.com/EFL1008023.html . there E- flite Servo Extension Set, Aileron,ESC& Tail:Yak 54 C-Z..
    Nikki