HMS Cumberland: For Sale

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Battle Squadron' started by The fuzzy one, Sep 2, 2013.

1. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Best to reach him on his Facebook page Bob.

2. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

Hi Curt,
    I'm not involved with Facebook but if you happen to be in touch with Piper please let him kow I'm still interested in the Cumberland.

3. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Bob I am going to try and reach him.

4. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Bob found Brechin on FB and left him a msg to contact you here in this section on the forum.

5. Bob Pottle

Thanks Curt! I'll have the Canarias back in a few weeks - sold it 11&1/2 years ago!
    The plan is to have Canarias and a County Class heavy cruiser at the cottage to use in a nearly enclosed inlet off the lake. Cumberland should have identical performance to the Canarias in rc combat because they have identical hulls and armament.
    If I can't buy the Cumberland back I'll pick up the London Class/Dorsetshire Class hull Stephen Hill offered me a few years ago and build a non-bulged County Class cruiser. The interior arrangment will be identical to Canarias. I have plans for HMS London post-reconstruction with a superstructure like the Sheffield Class CLs, and very detailed plans for Norfolk and Dorsetshire as built. The large bridge structure might make London a bit top heavy.

6. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

fyi i have bizmarck and Mississippi, missi will be finished first. anyone got a 3.5oz bottle lying around they want to sell?
    The offer for the workshop and meeting place is still open anytime, just in Burnside

7. Bob Pottle

Hi John,
    I'll be getting a pair of 3.5 oz bottles with the Canarias, and there's a 4 oz steel bottle and maybe another aluminum 3.5 oz bottle somewhere in the basement. I have a couple of hundred CO2 capsules and will convert Canarias back to the capsule CO2 system it had originally. The planned County Class cruiser will also use capsules so I should be able to spare a CO2 bottle, probably the steel one which had limited use in HMS Minotaur.
    Is that Rob Clarke's old Mississippi you're building?

8. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

Steel is fine with me and yes its robs old ship was hoping to get it ready this year but now looking like it will be done over winter at the shop. ship still needs work but all parts including the order from strike for the turrets are here and it is an easy build compared to biz. I also still have the Zclass that is finished just no reg or batteries

9. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Very cool guys. Looking forward to seeing pics here on the Forum.

10. JasonC

JasonC Active Member

eh yall just thoguth i would pipe in and say i have to combat"ready" ships VDT and GS they are 99% just dont rember what rule set i have them built for atm

11. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Jason I think you built them for Treaty style.

12. Bob Pottle

Hi Jason,
    Good to hear you're still around and have your ships. I recall you were thinking of modifying their speeds and pump output to comply with WTCC rules (slower speeds, less output) but don't know if you did. If not the models should still be set up for IRCWCC rules.
    Check your pump outlet diameters and do a test run for speed checks. If the outlets are 1/8" or 3/32" you probably didn't modify the pump outputs because those are standard IRCWCC sizes for 1.0 and 0.5 unit pumps. I had to make smaller diameter outlets to reduce capacity for WTCC rules, which could also be done with a speed controller for the pump motor. I still have the HMS Gorgon and Minotaur set up for WTCC rules and need to refit the original pump outlets and larger props used for the IRCWCC rules.
    Bob

13. JasonC

JasonC Active Member

i rember doing a test one day and the pump out puts the same gpm as the WTCC rules allow but it has an 1/8" hole for IRCWCC ill just have to take the ships down to to local pond and check the speed i know they were both made to be able to fight each other so they are the same format just going to have to do a check

14. Bob Pottle

You're fortunate that you don't have to modify the pump system for the different rule sets. Gorgon and Minotaur have Camurati pumps with high output and needed smaller outlet diameters for Treaty use.

15. Bob Pottle

Canarias is back in my hands after 11 years in the USA. Now I need a County Class cruiser to battle against it.
    I've been trying to arrange a buy-back of HMS Cumberland for a year without success so may have to build another County Class model. (Come on Piper - sell Cumberland and save me many hours of work!)
    Years ago Steve Hill completed a hull plug I'd nearly finished for the non-bulged Counties (London and Dorsetshire sub-Classes) and made a mould for them. He made a hull for me that I've yet to pick up. If I have to build another County I'll use Steve's hull and build either HMS London after the major WWII rebuild, or HMS Dorsetshire in the 1930s with white China Station hull and superstructure.

16. The fuzzy one

The fuzzy one Member

Hi Bob,

I'll send you an email, just upgraded to the "new" Facebook and saw the message from admiral stokomoto.

17. Bob Pottle

Message received and replied to 2 days ago Brechin. Let me know what you want for Cumberland and what shape the model's in. It would be great if I can refit Canarias and Cumberland together. The interior equipment layout would be identical - both hulls were made from my (now Strike's) Kent Class/Canarias Class mould.
    I built both models with glassed-on fiberglass decks with moulded recesses for lexan hatches, and they have identical internal armour, prop shaft, motor and rudder installations. If I'm able to buy back the Cumberland it'll be modified to represent the ship at the end of WWII - large, box-like aft hangar and X turret removed and some changes to the forward superstructure.

18. The fuzzy one

The fuzzy one Member

Hi all,

I am back in Halifax for a few days, Cumberland is still for sale if anyone is interested.

19. oldsalt05

oldsalt05 Member

20. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

How many units??
    Nikki