HMS Invincible refit

Discussion in 'Warship Builds' started by Tugboat, May 26, 2014.

1. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Here's another view of the HK waterproof servo... and it's also prep-work for my future as a hand model. Annnyyhow... the HK WP servo is a little taller than a standard Futaba, but only a few mm. In this case, it's enough that my printed MAV-2 holder is not holding the horn in alignment with the pushbuttons. Time to print another, a little tweaked :)
    [​IMG]
    And next, getting the rudders hooked up! One pushrod is straight, the other I made with a 'V' in the middle so that I could easily tweak the length without having to make multiple pushrods trying to get the rudders aligned. You want to do the V so that it's aligned in the horizontal plane... keeps it from rubbing on the deck! In any case, I am slightly thrilled with the results. Now, to get the rest of the boat done so that I can experiment with different rudder profiles!
    [​IMG]
    Oh, and I painted the underside of the decks with West System epoxy to waterproof them because next weekend, I start mounting the guns!!
    [​IMG]
    ...speaking of which... (ja, I know that they still need the uptubes, but there is method to my madness. Well, at least in this case, there is.)
    [​IMG]

2. buttsakauf

buttsakauf Well-Known Member

It is capable:-D I am a 10ga noodle wire user. 12ga on the "little" stuff. I usually use ESCs rated for 125-150% of the stall current of my motors.

3. Tugboat

I spent a few minutes beginning to pin each of the joints between the rib reinforcement and the subdeck. Going fairly smoothly :)

EDIT: A pic of very small dowels in their new homes, pinning the rib reinforcements to the subdeck.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
  4. Tugboat

Finished the wiring harness today. Tomorrow, installing guns. And pics of all that.