HMS Leopard

Discussion in 'Age of Sail' started by JasonC, Jun 10, 2013.

1. JasonC

JasonC Active Member

www.facebook.com/media/set/

Its just a start, the ribs are only being held on by the tinyest amount of CA. at about 2 hrs traceing and 3 hrs cutting not too bad:p

2. Beaver

Beaver 2020 Rookie of the Year Admiral (Supporter)

Looks great, I can't wait to start building my own ship!
    Beaver

3. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Looks really good! I really must do some work on Minerva... Main stuff that needs doing for sea trials is connecting the sail winch servos to the spars so I can control the sails. Oh, and sheeting the hull. :)

4. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Ohh man, you have no idea how much I'm itching to start on my USS Constitution. But work has me running ragged right now, I barely have time to think. So I'll just keep slowly planking my little tabletop clipper ship model, and dreaming of the day...

PS: Tugboat, I tried out your exam technique a few days ago. Cleared out the cubicle in seconds, and we ended up in one of the simulators where I had a very successful checkout. Thanks!

5. JasonC

JasonC Active Member

so being that im new to building ships with wood what do i need to do to water proff the frames and humm im going to be planking this hull and dont knows what to use so that all my planking work wount be cover3ed up by glassing so what other products can i use?