HMS Nonsuch D107 / Z38

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Battle Squadron' started by sinkin321, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Evil Joker

Evil Joker Member

i do have the Rock-The-Boat and make wight i just dont like to use co2 the cartridge.the bottle is the cheap and eazy way to go for me

2. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

OK: Z is now ready to be detailed and armed. Float test went well - first time in years i could put a boat in the tub. Boat sat staight right off the table. Just a bit light in the front but i never had the reg in so it should be ok. No leaks were found and the motors worked with no problems, but the tub was to small for any real test so on the weekend i will take it up the road to the indoor pool and try it there. I will be posting pics as soon as i learn how.

3. slow_and_ugly

slow_and_ugly Active Member

Hi John,

Battlers sells a 12gm adapter which screws into your regulator.
    This should allow 50 shots if you are not too heavy on the trigger.

The length of the regulator + adapter might be a bit long.

4. KeriMorgret

KeriMorgret Facilitator RCWC Staff Vendor

We're also looking at a regulator for 12g and 16g disposable bottles. Stephen is using one for evaluation, and will bring it to the LA battle this weekend. It weighs one ounce.

5. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

Sorry for the delay in posting these John,
    A bow shot...
    [​IMG]
    A stern shot...
    [​IMG]
    and a portrait...
    [​IMG]
    Looks good so far.
    J

6. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

John,
    Are the wooden superstructure and turrets hollow? If not you may have some stability problems. Battlers sells a light weight superstructure kit for the Z23 if you need something lighter.
    Bob

7. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

Bob: These are the BC light weight blocks. I got the kit in the trade for the iowa. they are light but i even hollowed them out, and now the ship seems quite stable - in the tub. I will be putting the boat in the pool on Sat. were i can hit it with waves and do some trials to see how well it will work. so far so good.