HMS Repulse

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Treaty Combat Fleet' started by Bob Pottle, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Gettysburg114th

Gettysburg114th Well-Known Member

I have the Mabuchi 390 motors that I am told are real good as far as amps.
    Thanks,

2. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

I am looking at smaller motor options as well, in addition to using gear drives to make the 550s more efficient. I'm also going to a smaller pump. The full sized BC pump is overkill for what we do, and the small ship pump on 6v is almost dead on what I need for battlecruiser pump capacity.

3. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

The small ship pump at 7.2v seems to do pretty good through a 1/4" outlet. Might that do the trick for you?

4. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

Due to having too many hulls on hand I've given up on both the Furious and Repulse/Renown projeyts to build more competitive ships (Rodney and Vanguard). Both battlecruiser hulls will be shipped to Mike Deskin to join the Washington Treaty fleet in January.
    Bob

5. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear you're giving up on those Bob, but I think you'll definitely be happy with the Vanguard. If set up right, I truly believe that ship has the potential to be one of the very nastiest Allied battleships on the water. After seeing how well some guys are able to get single rudder ships such as the Richelieus to turn, I have no doubt that a Vanguard with the proper rudder and prop set up should be able to turn admirably. 7 units and 4 turrets allow for some awesome gun arrangements, and at 29-30 knots, she's no slouch for speed either.

I believe she's hands down, the best balanced Allied battleship you can build for Treaty.

6. Bob Pottle

Mike,

It was an easy decision to build the Vanguard instead of Repulse. Vanguard is only 1.67" longer but has far more potential for R/C naval combat. Besides, I have the fiberglass deck and lexan hatches ready for installation, a set of Grey Wolf Squadron main turrets, and the 1/4" thick hull sides were cut out in 2008. Everything needed to compete Vanguard is on hand, including Hood's Clippard CO2 'plumbing' and 2 of Hood's guns. Parts for 4 more guns are ready for assembly.
    Bob

7. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

That's good Bob, do you think the Vanguard (ptwew!) will be ready to get beat up this coming season? Steve has been stalling his because he knows the inside of her will get all wet! :)
    J

8. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

Well J there could be a Rodney to accompany the Vanguard.

9. Bob Pottle

J,
    I wasn't in a hurry to build the Vanguard because I thought Steve's would be ready this year (2009) and didn't think we needed two in the fleet. The original plan was to build the Rodney first but because it's one of the slower ships in Treaty combat it would be better as IRCWCC model. It won't get built until I've finished the Vanguard and Ibuki.
    Vanguard will be built for use in either combat style and should be battle ready by June, though not up to my usual level of detailing by then. Ibuki will be done this year too but will be a strictly Treaty ship using the wider firing arc rules that were just passed for carriers.
    Bob

10. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

I am excited about the Renown, and Furious hulls.
    I will use the Renown hull to replace the plastic hull (which is falling apart) on my old Renown, so that I can get that ship back on the water.
    The Furious will simply be a nice addition to my already growing number of fast-battlecruisers.
    Mikey

11. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind building a Rodney, and Vanguard some time down the road. But it doesn't look like I will be getting to either of them anytime soon.
    But eventually for sure.
    Mikey

12. Bob Pottle

Chris dropped in last week and bought the Repulse hull. We plan to get together in March/April and finish rearming Hood to Treaty specs. He's been at sea too much to do anything with Hood since we worked on it last fall.
    Bob

13. Ian

Ian Member

you mean Ian dropped in? back on the 5th for a little while, should try to get her done soon after

14. Bob Pottle

Doh! Sorry Ian - don't know why I wrote 'Chris'.
    Ian will be the future commander of HMS Repulse. Re-arming of his (formerly my) HMS Hood should be completed after a few more hours' work.
    Bob