HMS Tiger

Discussion in 'General' started by Anvil_x, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Anvil_x

Anvil_x Well-Known Member

Hey, so since the IRCWCC ruleset change, is anyone planning on building the Tiger soon?

The pre-refit Kongo appears to have an excellent-looking hull and a lot of people jumping on it. Will there be the same for the Tiger, or is it moot since the Pre refit Kongo can play both sides?

2. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

Tyler is building a Tiger. Lee and Lars already have one. You can use a Lion hull to make a Tiger with some small modifications.

In WWI The Japs were Allied, that style Kongo should be Allied. You don’t take a WWII Kongo Allied.

3. Kevin P.

Kevin P. Well-Known Member

The Kongo plug I made started life as a tiger project, but the deck around C turret huts out further on Tiger which makes it a less effective sidemount than on Kongo, which is why I changed the plug to a Kongo. Otherwise tiger could be OK, but the pre-refit Kongo should be a better allied boat

4. Anvil_x

Anvil_x Well-Known Member

I'd heard that was the case, Kevin. Since you've been hands-on with the model, is it that big of an impact to the angle of the C Turret sidemount? Is it making the haymaker practically useless?

It'd sure be fun to see a sci-fi-esque face-off between past-Kongo and Future-Kongo.

Hey Bob, aside from bringing the Casemate deck to tolerance, what are the other mods to make a Tiger from Lion? I'd heard there was like a 1/2" difference in hull length too.

5. Kevin P.

Kevin P. Well-Known Member

I haven’t fought one but pictures I saw (and looking at the real ship), the c turret down angle would be minimal

it’s really just the casements to modify, general hull shape is very similar. Casement work would be a bit more complicated than a standard casement job since you’d have to add the step in at the stringer (basically make a negative for the whole casement area and glass from the inside), definitely doable. My build list is too long but would consider it at some point in future

6. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

Since I have not made made one I’m not too sure. I think the stern is fatter.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020