Home Page Help

Discussion in 'Website Suggestions' started by Beaver, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Beaver

Beaver 2020 Rookie of the Year Admiral (Supporter)

I went to the home page the other day, and I noticed this.
    Strike Models is proud to support RC Naval Combat

[​IMG]

scharnie ​

If so ? We want to talk to you.
    In back yards and ponds across the world, gun-armed model warships of 60 to 100 years ago still battle each other for dominance of the seas.
    Only you hold the balance in your hands and so on.

It starts out with saying Strike is a proud supporter, then it goes on into something completely unrelated.
    I know what this originally said, but new people might get confused.
    Any ideas on how to make the home page more oriented for new people?
    Beaver

2. KeriMorgret

KeriMorgret Facilitator RCWC Staff Vendor

It does need work, I admit. I added that one sentence to the site a few months back, when there was a chance that RCNC was getting some publicity. We did purchase the forum and provide the hosting, so I wanted to get a little bit of credit.

I'll look at the home page this weekend to see what I can do to make it a bit more friendly.

3. Beaver

Ok, just wanted to point this out. :)

Beaver

4. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

I am totally cool with Strike getting credit for your efforts. After all, that's what keeps this forum up and running, cash-wise.

I would like to see Lil Scharnie on the front page more, lol :)

Not sure exactly how I'd redesign it, but I admit I hadn't thought much about it. If our webmaster has time sometime, I had been thinking that we could axe the 'store' button and functionality, since it's not used.

5. Beaver

I agree with Tug. Actually, I think Strike doesn't get enough credit. I mean, if this site wasn't here, I don't think I'd be building a ship right now. :)

Scharnie does look good in that photo. Wouldn't make a half bad avatar. ;)

I "accidentally" veteranized myself the other night, but I haven't been to a battle yet, so I don't meet all requirements. I can't seem to find a way to unveteranized myself, so is it alright just to leave it be?

Beaver

6. KeriMorgret

KeriMorgret Facilitator RCWC Staff Vendor

This forum needs to be put on a totally different software and overhauled, and I'm the one that is the holdup on doing this right now.

I don't know that there's a way to undo veteran, but it's really not much difference, I think just you don't get shown as many prompts.

7. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

lol, I thought I was the holdup

8. besty693

besty693 New Member

And yeah I don't believe strike does get enough credit not only for what they do in the forums keeping it neutral for all the producers but the back ground work. This crazy inexperienced novice builder in Australia was given the golden hand shake from Stephen and for that I am thankful. When posted questions about build and sizes of props ect and got no real help or response I made a phone which did turn into a few. But long story short stehpen spent 3 weeks researching and finding out spec too fill my order too rules and regulations of the AUSBG format and not only was it for the iowa he was getting for me also the midway which was built by someone else. Even went too the extreme of join and communicating with my local club. Now that's service you don't see often nor mentioned enough in the forums for there parts they really do care about the sport and ask for little back. All I can say bud is I cant wait till next Thursday when I get too write a proper review of your products and service so more people or less knowledgeable people such as myself have that behind them for there builds. Thank you very much
    cheers besty