Hull Question

Discussion in 'Construction' started by rowboat captain, Sep 13, 2007.

1. rowboat captain

rowboat captain Member

Has anyone bought and used or seen the hull kit from barnstormer boats looking at the prinz eugan or the baltimore class ship. how are they for strength? do they need a lot of prep work etc..

thanks

2. djranier

djranier Well-Known Member

I have seen the PE, was not to impressed with it, fit, finish, and thickness leaves alot to be desired. They will need alot of work. As far as I know the Baltimore has never been finished, but I could be wrong.

The hulls from Battlers Connection I think are some of the best made by far.

http://www.battlersconnection.com/

3. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

I don't think BC makes a Prinz Eugen. I agree on the quality of their hulls being very high, though.

Has anyone been able to get in contact with Barnstormers lately? Last I heard they were unavailable for contact.

4. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

BC has a plug for the Prinz Eugen. It will be for sale some time soon. But if you're building a Bismarck for a starting ship you should stick to one project at at time and not get a 2nd ship. If you work on two, neither will get done.

5. rowboat captain

rowboat captain Member

yes that is very true. plan on finishing the Bismarck first. picked it first for the size gives me time to figure out how to fit stuff. starting to look like on most ships you have 50lbs of stuff and only space for 30 lbs. the slow speed gives me a chance to learn how to drive the ship and not get out of control.

6. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

In MWC fast gun the PE and the Bismarck go almost the same speed ;) I wouldn't worry about going too fast, per se. The advice I hear the experienced Bismarck captains give to new ones is "run it like a big cruiser". So the speed will help you get out of trouble. :)

7. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

Moved to technical