For Sale Hulls Available

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by modelshipsahoy, Apr 24, 2020.

1. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

Shes a fatty :)

2. Prussian

Prussian Member

Yes that is the as launched stem. The Lutzow & Scheer had their stems changed to the Atlantic Bow. The important thing is they had almost straight sides and yours has a radical outward curve. You also advertised the Lutzow hull not the Graf Spee. There are some excelent pictures of the Lutzow showing her straight sides. As for the bottom, yes it was very slightly rounded but more on the flat side. The one I received from you was an inverted V that was not even level.

3. Panzer

Panzer Iron Dog Shipwerks and CiderHaus

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Cant speak to all of that, however the straight sides part is not correct, They tapered in top downward and than roundly bulged out again similar to this....
    [​IMG]
    the taper and bulge look correct to my eye(i do wear glasses)keeping in mind that scale modelers outweigh us 1000 to 1 and his primary business is not Warship combat, I would maybe spend more time on research(Prussian) to be sure you are getting what you want/expect. I guess i am wondering did you not look at the posted pics of the Hull that Modelshipsahoy posted before you purchased it cuz it clearly shows all the things you are complaining about outside of quality side of things.

4. Prussian

Prussian Member

Tim
    I have no problem with the Graf Spee. You advertised a Lutzow hull. And that is what I bought in good faith. This is not the major issues.
    Here is an ariel shot of the Lutzow before her 1939 & 1940 refit, notice the straight sides. Now let's move on the the other problems. I'm not the only one who has had the same problems. DKM Lutzow.JPG

5. modelshipsahoy

modelshipsahoy Vendor

I’ve pm’d you two weeks ago to solve “the the other problems” but you have not responded. Rather than let me fix this, you have chosen to bash us publicly. To err is human, but you don’t seem interested in even giving us a chance to make good.

Lots of people have had problem free boats or actually contacted us for a replacement / refund. Not you.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
  6. glaizilla

glaizilla Active Member

Prussian,
    That photo you posted is not of the Lutzow and either way below the waterline that ship (believed to be Graf Spee in the photo you posted) is not flat sided. Right below the water line near the bottom of the armored belt is the beginning of the bulge shape that all three had. They differed slightly in overall beam, and had different bows at different times. I’ve purchased a few different hulls from Modelshipsahoy, I am positive if their was a problem he would have reached out to fix it by offering you a refund or replacement.

Panzer, crzyhawk and bsgkid117 like this.
  7. glaizilla

glaizilla Active Member

8. glaizilla

glaizilla Active Member

9. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

That's the Graf Spee. You can tell by the crest on the bow. Panzer linked the Lutzow (Deutschland) when she was launched. The hull is relatively accurate

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
    buttsakauf likes this.
  10. Anvil_x

Anvil_x Well-Known Member

Okay, can we just put a capper on this? Prussian, if you have beef with Tim, *please* deal with it in a tactful manner elsewhere.

there is a way to make your position known in a manner which is not ad hominem. I, like any customer in any field, do appreciate a heads up from other customers as to the quality of craftmanship.
    An example of which can be found in the exchanges between Tim and several other battlers a while back regarding hull voids and casemates. They respectfully posted pics, and explained to Tim their issues, why those issues are critical to amend in future, and Tim gladly and immediately corrected his techniques and resolved the problems.

I get it. these boats cost a ton of money to build and fight. I get pissed about things too, both in dealing with vendor issues here, as well as in my professional field. When I'm that angry, I write the email/message out in a word doc. I really just go no-holds-barred and rip into whomever has earned my ire. then I read it. and I realize that I'm going *way* overboard, and spend another half hour or so toning the message down until I feel pretty confident that whomever it is will understand and appreciate my concerns. Lincoln used to do this when he'd become frustrated with people like Meade et al. it's a great, humbling, and effective strategy.

At this point, I would not blame Tim for cutting slingload and refusing to deal with you further. Learn from this.

buttsakauf and Panzer like this.
  11. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Hi Tim is there plans in the works for a Hood Hull or Russian Battlecruiser Kirov in the works ? 1_144 of course .

12. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

What we need is the Russian armored cruiser Rurik. 26sec twin sterns. Half unit bow sidemount. Full pump. Nice fat ship should turn very well.

13. NASAAN101

Curt hate to brack it to you, But little Russian Battlecruiser Kirov was command in the 80's
    Nikki

14. darkapollo

darkapollo Well-Known Member

You know Curt builds models for show, too, right?

15. NASAAN101

Yes, I do, but for combat she’s not legal. I wondering how big she actually would be in this hobby..
    Nikki

16. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

I am well aware it is not combat legal Nikki however there are people here who have ship hulls not for combat .

Jack Webster likes this.
  17. Jack Webster

Jack Webster Member

Hi Tim, Hope all is well with you! I've tried calling and emailing. Please respond re my fully prepaid order, now one month pending. When may I expect fullfillment? Look forward to hearing from you. Thx!

18. Jack Webster

Jack Webster Member

Thanks for the email. Looking forward to receiving these hulls! Best, jw

19. Jack Webster

Jack Webster Member

Hi Tim!
    How goes it with you? I just noticed how our June has flown!
    Looking forward to seeing Liberty's and Iowa!
    When the Iowa hull, and Liberty hulls and decks (2) are ready to ship, please prepare the label as follows:
    I emailed my mailing address.
    All call or email to advise present progress and again when the hulls go into shipping, would be great. We have had a few glitches with shippers lately.
    Look forward to hearing from you,
    Best!
    jw

20. Jack Webster

Jack Webster Member

Hi Tim,

Hope all is well with you, your family and Model Ships Ahoy.

Not hearing from you, I am reaching out regarding prepaid order (including shipping) for (2) Liberty hulls with decks and (1) Iowa hull.

Even brief communication would be appreciated.

Progress?

Did my last email reach you? It was concerning shipping address.

Look forwad to hearing from you with update or shipment tracking number.

Thank you.

jw

On Monday, June 5, 2023 at 12:21:30 PM CDT, Timothy Jordan <anchorbaymodels@gmail.com> wrote:
    I should be able to finish these this weekend 1st liberty done. The second liberty and Iowa are in progress.

Sent from my iPhone