For Sale Hulls for Sale

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by Bob Pottle, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

As the hobby appears to be dead in eastern Canada and my significant other wants the 'clutter ' out of the basement I need to divest myself of some fiberglass hulls.

I have an HMS Vanguard hull, the first one from the mold I sold to Strike, which was made extra thick and has been completely cut out, wearing out several discs in the process. It comes with a set of Grey Wolf resin turrets and a fiberglass deck (not installed) with molded in recesses for 1/8" lexan or plexi hatches which will give ample access to the interior. $140 plus shipping which should be around $50 by Fed Ex.

A Ralph Coles HMS Rodney hull, not cut out but comes with Ralph's fiberglass main and secondary turrets, and my fiberglass deck (not installed) with molded in hatch recesses. $120 plus shipping.

HMS Furious WWI hull. First from the mold sold to Strike - as new. Suitable for the WWI BC or CV. $70 plus shipping.

HMAS/HMS Albatross hull. Gorgeous bulged hull commissioned from Ralph Coles and built from Australian navy plans. A pre-WWII RAN seaplane carrier and WWII Royal Navy fleet repair ship. Can be used as a Class 1 or convoy model. About the size of a Liberty ship hull (and much cheaper!) $70 + shipping.

2. ish311

ish311 Active Member

what would be shipping for the albatross to FL down here in the states. rough estimate.

3. oldsalt05

oldsalt05 Member

Since the hobby is dead there in eastern Canada, would you be willing to selling one of your completed heavy cruisers. I have a young son that wants one.

4. Austriacus

Austriacus New Member

I am interested in the hms rodney can you send me some pictures please email is fine condrusek@yahoo.de what would it cost to ship to new orlesns and how do i pay you (paypal?) Sorry new to this hobby. Its facinating.

5. Austriacus

Austriacus New Member

Pm sent

6. Bob Pottle

I have only one hull left and it's been spoken for.

7. Bob Pottle

I plan to keep the Spanish heavy cruiser Canarias but would sell the HMS Suffolk. The rebuild will get rid of the large hangar aft and configure the model as HMS Cumberland in the Pacific in 1945. Unfortunately it will be a fall project and likely not completed until December. Other than the drive system, which I installed, the interior needs to be completely gutted and the superstructure replaced.

8. Bob Pottle

Just saw your email today. I can photograph the Rodney hull and other parts later this week and send photos. I can't give you a shipping price until I've boxed the components and received a quote from Fed Ex. Fed Ex requires a Zip code for estimates. PM me.

9. Bob Pottle

Forgot to mention that I take payments via USPS International money orders. (That way it goes right into my US$ bank account without dealing with 'middleman' agencies that won't pay me the full exchange rate.)

10. oldsalt05

oldsalt05 Member

PM sent

11. Austriacus

Austriacus New Member

not a problem - USPS money order is fine. I am getting all excited (sorry). Can't wait to see the pictures

12. Bob Pottle

The Furious and Albatross hulls are spoken for, as is the incomplete HMS Suffolk which I bought back 2 years ago with plans to rebuild it. Completed armoured cruiser HMS Minotaur is also spoken for.

After getting the Rodney hull, deck and turrets out for the first time in years I've decided not to sell them. After lobbying for the class to get dual sidemounts in the early 2000s I feel obliged to build and battle with it.

The cut-out, extra thick HMS Vanguard hull with fiberglass deck and Grey Wolf turrets is still for sale.

13. Bob Pottle

Mark,
    I'd appreciate you starting your own, separate 'For Sale' thread vs using mine. You might generate some confusion.

Bob

14. Bob Pottle

The Vanguard is spoken for. My "Admiral" is very pleased that multiple hulls are leaving the basement! (She hasn't noticed the Rodney hull sitting overhead on the main beam of the house.)

The Suffolk I bought back 2 years ago (originally sold in 1998 without superstructure and with a partly completed interior) is no longer for sale. The superstructure was unsalvageable and has gone in the trash. Other than the drive system I installed in 1998 the interior is being gutted and rebuilt as a twin of the internal equipment layout in Spanish heavy cruiser Canarias. Both heavy cruisers are going to the cottage workshop for refitting this summer.

15. Mark41

Mark41 Active Member

Bob
    Sorry, I will do that. My bad....
    Mark

16. Morgen Anthony

Morgen Anthony Member

If hms Rodney is still for sale can you send me a pick of the Hull at. morgen@telus.net

17. Bob Pottle

Hi Morgen,
    I haven't been on the site for a while and just saw your post from March 17. If you're still interested in the Rodney hull, fiberglass deck, and turrets let me know. I can take some photos in a week or so - we're busy dealing with severe damage to our cottage property from the worst flood in recorded history in the neighbouring province of New Brunswick.

18. absolutek

absolutek -->> C T D <<--

@Bob Pottle ,
    I'll take the fiberglass deck for Rodney if he doesn't want/need it.

19. Bob Pottle

I found a bunch of photos of the hull, deck and turrets taken last year.

20. Bob Pottle

Sorry, I'm selling all the Rodney parts together.