For Sale Hulls for Sale

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by Bob Pottle, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Morgen Anthony

Morgen Anthony Member

Hey man haven’t been on in while sorry about the I bet ur not the first thought yeah I found a different ship so I’m good on the Rodney for a while

2. OverThinker

OverThinker Member

Do you still have the Rodney?

3. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

I do. Ralph Coles hull and turret set (3 main and 6 secondary turrets), plus a fiberglass deck I made with molded in recesses for 1/8" lexan or plexiglass hatches. 1/144 scale side and top views of the hull and superstructure and new (just arrived) Profile Morskie booklet on Rodney in 1941 - her appearance at the time of the Bismarck sinking.

4. OverThinker

OverThinker Member

That sounds great do you have any photos and how much is it ?

5. Bob Pottle

I just bought the PM HMS Rodney booklet because I'm thinking of building Rodney for R/C combat in 2021. I've had the hull, turrets and fiberglass deck for several years - haven't had a battleship since I sold HMS Warspite in 2008. Being the initiator of the rule change to allow Nelson Class ships to have dual sidemounts, I'd like to try one out in competition.

I have a similar set of parts for HMS Vanguard, already boxed for shipping. The Vanguard hull is the first from the mold I later sold to Strike Models and was made extra thick because BB cannons from Battlers Connection were breaking the ribs on Strike and BC, and old Swampworks hulls.

Hull thickness on the sides is 1/4". The Vanguard hull comes with a fiberglass deck made the same way as the deck for the Rodney, with gelcoat on the upper surface. The hull is already cut out and has stringers for the main armour belt and for the thinner armour belts that go nearly to bow and stern.

The hull comes with a set of Grey Wolf HMS Vanguard turrets and 1/144 side and top view plans. Hope you might consider Vanguard instead of Nelson/Rodney.

I have an Indefatigable Class battlecruiser ready for installation of the 'guts', so might decide to part with Rodney if you don't want Vanguard. Just need to give it more thought.

I'll post photos of both hulls this weekend.

6. OverThinker

OverThinker Member

That is very interesting and I will keep it in mind about the Vanguard but the Rodney I was wanting for an educational purpose (instead of combat) I teach military history as a side job and I already have a Bismarck so I’m trying to make a few scale models that are fully functional “show boats” for education as well as try to get some kids in my area more into RC Hobby’s so let me know if you are serious and let me know the price

7. Commodore

Commodore Well-Known Member

Hey, Bob ... you might just find this somewhat handy... :)
    https://rcwarshipcombat.com/resources/hms-nelson-superstructure.155/

Panzer and Boatmeister like this.
  8. Bob Pottle