hurray now we need a build section!!

Discussion in 'Southeast Attack Squadron' started by zackcon2, May 5, 2008.

1. Gettysburg114th

Gettysburg114th Well-Known Member

Thanks Tug, I was looking at some pictures and thought that that was what they were doing. Very interesting. I guess the extra half unit placement would depend on how you fight it. I would think that putting the extra half unit in the forward turret opposite the side that has 2 guns covering that quadrant would be the way to go.

2. djranier

djranier Well-Known Member

Have both forward guns point to the same side, the stern haymaker 75 round to the opposite side, and twins off the stern.

Now the forward guns, and the stern haymaker will be rotates, so that when they move from left to right, the haymaker does the opposite, that way she is legal by the rules, but you will outclass all the Allied ships in firepower, except off the stern, where its 3 vs 2, which is not too bad.

3. BoomerBoy17

BoomerBoy17 Active Member

I like tugboats idea, and no, you were once on the dark side? gasp! well, at least he has seen the light. And monk, you were alot of help too im sure

4. Powder Monkey

Powder Monkey Active Member

Boom I wasn’t trying to be ..... is it worth making them turn I would think just stationary would do the trick. Less confusion and less to break with one going opposite the other?

5. Gettysburg114th

Now that is interesting djranier.

6. djranier

Well it will work on this class of ship in the MWC, best with ships with 4 turrets, Bismarck, Nagato. Any ship over 720 ft can have 2 guns on a side in the same quadrant, just not in the same turret. So you will have 2 forward guns blasting away, against most allieds with 1 gun, and when those run out, rotate, and bring the stern haymaker into play.

Allied ship 50 bb's total to fire
    Axis ship 150 to 175 bb's total to fire

Who will sink first. You are just rotating when you run out of ammo, or when the other ship tries to turn away. [:D]

The new Nagato's we are making will be setup this way, hope to have them on the water by next Feb battle.

It will lead to a arms race of course, because the Allied ships will have to also rotate their forward guns at least, NC in the MWC will be able too, but the SD will not due to length, so they will drop out, and people will have to build NC replacements, if they want to remain competive.

This will also help out the Scharny, give it 2 sterns, and 2 forward rotates, you now outgun most Allied ships in a sidemount battle.[:D]

7. Gettysburg114th

I would trade 2 for 1 any day. The triple stern guns are nice but, those dual sidemounts get water in the hull right a way.
    Why does no one build the Yamato's in MWC?

8. djranier

They just cannot stay in a turn with the NC's. They get completly shotup by the sterns, and the NC's just stay away from the Yamato's sidemounts. Its all due to the silly drag disk rules, helping the turning, but we have set up a committee that has come up with a new drag disk rule, but it still has to pass of course.

But the Nagato's and Bismarck are at least close in turning if setup right. And the Bismarck's can do the hug against the side of the NC's so that they cannot turn away, since they outweigh the NC.

Marc's Yamato last year was swamped by allied boats, he was cut off from moving in any direction, without him ramming someone, and they emptied about 5 or 6 ships worth of sterns into him, and rammed him twice, but they did not count those of course, thats another story, and of course when the rest of the Axis fleet would not come over to help, he did finally sink.

The Axis are not known for battle strategy in the MWC. We are the fun bunch of guys. The Allied's actually act like they take all of this seriously.

9. Gettysburg114th

You know if a couple of Yamato's were out there and worked as a team they would do ok. ??

10. Gettysburg114th

Marc's Yamato, is it a BC hull? If so how did he manage the hull shape as far as plating? I was thinking of adding a couple 3 layers of glass and resin near the top of the bulge to make it easier to sheet.

11. djranier

LOL, he hates to sheet it, takes him hours. Why he has decide to gut it, and move on to a Nagato, after I explained what I'm going to do with the rotate guns. He like the 3 on 1 also.

12. Gettysburg114th

Hey that Nagato hull is not that easy to sheet either. All those dang bulges and blisters.

13. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Dave's idea is totally legal, and will probably be eeee-vil in combat }:^) Look for it in a Vanguard near you... (Brian K's probably, he says it's getting an overhaul).

14. djranier

He said he was thinking about it, as soon as he got the kids 2 boats up and running, they did fine at the last battle. Of course if they dont stop trying to shoot at the mighty little PE, it will have to start shooting back.[:)]

15. Tugboat

Yeah, they'll be fair game next season ;)

If I can ever get a Saturday off, I'm going to do run and gun with the Oz, so they will have to work to keep up. Or, the PE will :)

16. Lou

Lou It's just toy boats -->> C T D <<-- Admiral (Supporter)

Zack,

How is the boat building going? Got any updates?

17. zackcon2

zackcon2 Member

no my dad has been working alot and he dount want me to mess it up so havent done much to it

18. Tugboat

Glad you're still around, man... Brian Koehler and I were talking the other day wondering how you and your dad were doing.

19. Lou

Lou It's just toy boats -->> C T D <<-- Admiral (Supporter)

Ask questions to us and we can at least make sure you have everything ready when you can start.
    What all did you get with the hull?
    Go ahead and start a build thread in the warship section.

20. Tugboat

They did a bang-up job getting the subdecks in... All we did was give a little advice, and Zack and his dad did the work. It'll be a good ship to slug with :)