I just found a crap-ton of plans and pics...

Discussion in 'General' started by Tugboat, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

...in the nether regions of t3h intarwebs. A new member has asked for I-boat plans, and I had none (having looked before and come away disappointed). I decided to try again while I'm home sick tonite. Below is copied from that thread so I don't type it again :)

2. klibben

klibben Member

mmmmmm..... link?

3. Tugboat

Hahahaha :)

4. webwookie

webwookie Active Member

I see a series of very large e-mails with attachments being sent to at least a few people in the very near future....

5. Tugboat

Most of the fun for me is getting them looking nice, checking the measurements, and posting them. Or emailing. Or swapping them over a steak dinner at a battle.

6. PreDread

PreDread Active Member

C'mon Tug,

We need a link [;)]. You know, for us non 144 scale guys. I got a warm, fuzzy feeling when you said you found plans for German and British predreadnoughts [:D]

Please, please, please

7. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Cool! Do you have a list of the ships you found plans for, or do we have to wait patiently for you to post them all?

8. Tugboat

PreDread, if it makes you warm and fuzzy... I got all excited downloading many many reference pics and drawings of the Bayern class last night :) I'll what predreads are available :)

I'll try to get a list posted. Never fear, they will all be posted for free :)

9. Tugboat

I am compiling a list as I download. Some are only okay (Iron Duke, Orion, KGV DN) hull lines-wise (like 12 frames), but let me say that the Nelson is rocking! The Nelson page has ~25-30 frames, SS layout for each level, lots of detail. And like 20 good big photos. Pretty :)

10. mike5334

mike5334 Well-Known Member

It would be neat to see a Nelson on the water again.

11. Tugboat

In 1/96, shooting your boats? :) Gun control would be a cinch, at least for the mains...

12. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

Tug, do they happen to have an HMS Erin?

13. Tugboat

Sadly, no Erin. How close is her hull to the Iron Duke, et al?

For the Predreadnought fans out there, I found drawings for USS Iowa.

Edit: The Japanese section is not so nice (no hull lines) :( On the plus side, found some Italian plans: Luigi Cadorna, and for you destroyer guys, the Navigatori class, with camo schemes (no color).

14. crzyhawk

Sadly not very close. She's a modified Orion or KGV, but shorter with more beam. Thanks for looking!

15. Tugboat

I will find Erin plans one day Hawk :)

16. crzyhawk

I look forward to that day. With the length to beam ratio on that thing, I think it has a LOT of potential as an allied 28 sec dreadnought.

At 559 ft long with a 91 foot beam with twin rudders and 4 shafts, I'd think she'd be a very maneuverable little ship. She's also got a cooler looking ram bow like the Repulse did, and let's keep it real; looking cool is very important.

17. HMCS

HMCS Active Member

Hey Mike, over on the Big Gun Yahoo page,in the file section there is a set of Frames for HMS Erin, put up by Wreno.

18. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Sweet, Luigi Cadorna and Navigatori! Three cheers for the ITs! The Luigi Cadorna plans show the cut-down superstructure without the gi-normous aircraft hanger, right?

19. Tugboat

I'm at work, and the plans and link are on my home pc, but I definately do NOT remember seeing anything resembling a hangar...

If you guys in the easy-build DD working group want to do the Navigatori class, I'll send the files straight to Webwookie vice cleaning them up myself. There were several of the lil buggers, and they're nice looking ships.

Cadorna will be cleaned and posted shortly, along with some non-French stuff. Not that I don't like the French; I just want to have some free plans on the site from other navies. I-boat and Lion are no-brainers, Deutschland and some German DNs, and then some US stuff. And Evstavi for my Russian comrades out there. What a brutal little slugger she'll be!

20. Anachronus

Anachronus Well-Known Member

Loaded with casemate guns. Should be interesting in big gun too as some of those casemate guns are 8 inchers.