I just found a crap-ton of plans and pics...

Discussion in 'General' started by Tugboat, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Plans-users out there... I need input. I have started work on the Invincible plans. My question to the end users out there is: Do you want drawings that show lifelines on them, or show the superstructure and other topside stuff more clearly? Either way, the plans will show rigging, this is just whether you want lifelines along the decks.

If it matters, adding lifelines adds time, delaying getting plans drawn.

2. dietzer

dietzer Admiral (Supporter)

Tug,

I'd still be interested in seeing the Japanese section!

Also, I'm foaming at the mouth regardling the Italian ships and the Deutchland class.

Carl

3. Tugboat

Carl, if nothing else, we'll have lots of cruisers, and Kongo. We'll see what else gets found :) I know I have some Jap DD plans on the hard drive somewhere... But with Mike M doing French plans, plus the ones already posted, I feel that the white-flag navy will be well supplied while I concentrate on getting some plans up from other countries. The I-boat plans are being worked on, look okay, but still lots to do :)

But I need to know whether you guys want lifelines on the deck or not! If I get no answers they won't be put on, because I like the clarity. So speak up or get what you get :)

4. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Lifelines? What're those? I certainly haven't seen them on any models around here. Unless you're building such a detailed model that you need to know what type of bolts were used to install the 4th enlisted mens head, I don't think the lifelines will be very important.

5. Kotori87

Hey Tugboat, do you have plans for the Mikasa or Majestic in that pile?

6. Tugboat

I have Mikasa, I'll have to look for Majestic. I didn't know you were into the older ships :)

7. Anachronus

Anachronus Well-Known Member

If it is the same Mikasa that Taubmans sells as the SMC series then the hull lines are a bit sparse. If not I would love a copy of those.

Predread fever is spreading!!!

8. Tugboat

The Mikasa plans I have only have 23 frames, J :)

9. Anachronus

Much better.

And Mikasa is close enough to be a Canopus. Would love to see a Majestic though, love those side by side funnels.

10. Kotori87

I'd very much like to have a Mikasa. Its primary armament is a little weak, but it's got 14 secondary and tertiary guns per broadside that are 3" or larger diameter. That's quite a broadside, if you ask me. You wouldn't happen to have a Borodino or any of those other Russian pre-dreads with that odd tumblehome hull shape, would you?

11. Tugboat

I'll have to look. There were some odd-looking Russkies in the lot. You'll be getting a PM in a few minutes about something.

12. Knight4hire

Knight4hire Active Member

Just looked at the BIG GUN conversion chart.
    Caliber on Real Ship (metric) Caliber on Scale Model
    3" to 6.9" (76.0mm to 179mm) 0.177 inches
    7" to 10.9" (180mm to 279mm) 3/16 inches
    11" to 14.9" (280mm to 379mm) 7/32 inches
    15"+ (380mm +) 1/4 inches

For some reason, I feel that the Big Gunners would feel no fear to go toe to toe and trade thier 1/4 in rounds for your 3/16 in rounds.

13. Anachronus

It's not my fault they lack the imagination to use a smaller ship. No concept of subtlety at all. [:D]

It is not with out cause that I call my self a victim of "predreadnought madness".[;)]

14. Tugboat

She's only 32" long... if the big BB's can out-turn that, they deserve to sink her. She also gets two torpedo tubes. You might sink me, but I'll give ya a thumpin'...

15. Anachronus

I always expect to be sunk. But I am going to go down with style and empty magazines.[^]

16. Knight4hire

Knight4hire Active Member

This year I had spent a lot of time pond side observing or being the "ref".
    (I have yet to have my poor little MOG sea worthy. She will have six of ten torp tubes operational. I am also working on arming some of the turrets.)
    My take is that it is not the guns or how you turn, but how you aim that counts. Got to get those below the line hits that penetrate the 1/8 inch armor of the BB.

Those BB's take a L-O-N-G time to sink.

17. Tugboat

how you turn would matter in evading incoming fire, I would think :) Evstafi doesn't have a slab stern like the US cruisers, but it's better than nothing :)

18. Anachronus

I don't remember if she has casemates near the stern or not but she does have low freeboard aft which makes for a smaller target area.

19. Tugboat

The plans got printed today, along with a poster-size Evstafi pic :) I will be making 2 of them in 1/144 wood, one for me, the other to sell :) She's surprisingly small for a 3.5 unit battlewagon. Weighs in at 11.47 pounds max model weight (MWC), I forget what she'll weigh in Battlestations, I'll have to look at the shiplist. With 2 broadside torps, I think the po'boy TTs will be used here, too. Yes, the implication is a 1/96 Evstafi is coming ;)

20. Anachronus

You have a sale on that second one if she isn't already spoken for.