I6 Mode 1 to 2 and vice versa?

Discussion in 'Electrical & Radio' started by wdodge0912, Nov 17, 2020.

1. wdodge0912

wdodge0912 Well-Known Member

Has anyone done a swap of the modes on a Turnigy or Flysky I6? Found a video on YouTube and it looks like all you have to do is open it up, take out 8 screws (4 per gimbal) swap, reinstall the screws, seal it back up, and then reverse the directions in the menu

Just wondering if anyone can confirm it's that easy.

2. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

can confirm, the i6 is easy to meddle with. I moved mine around to get a spring return throttle on the right.

3. wdodge0912

Somit is just as simple as cracking it open and swapping the gimbals, and switching the directions then?

Might have to see about modding in buttons or if I could send it to someone to do. Not sure I have the time to really do that.

also wonder if i can find just the self centering gimbal and make both like that

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
  4. NickMyers

wdodge0912 likes this.
  5. wdodge0912

I went searching after that and came up with that part. Bit wasn't sure on which was which just because all the questions ask and the answer was throttle. I was like, it can't be throttle, that's the one that slides, and doesnt center. Fleabay is like twice the price and twice the wait surprisingly.

I'll probably end up just swapping one in place of the throttle and be good. Might get some small magnets to put in the 4 corners of the gimbals on the outside, and make a little 4 way thing that just snaps on and off, instead of the wood 3 way one I have tacked on now.

6. wdodge0912

Have you done the swap personally by chance? Was wondering what mode I'd have to set it to, if I would just leave it as is and will have to just move the stick to the bottom when I turn it on, or if it will just work and not have to do either as the gimbals default state will be correct for that "place all switches at 0" warning that pops up if the throttle is anywhere but all the way down as the transmitter sits now

7. NickMyers

i did replace mine with the direction one a few years ago. I dont remember fiddling with the mode settings, the 0 position thing is not a big deal at all, just put the sticks in the right spot and release.

wdodge0912 likes this.
  8. wdodge0912

Just got the part today, it's going to be nice to have a centering stick for both. Also replaced the pink stick cover things with black ones. They are smaller, but their not pink, lol. I did try and get a phone holder that clamps onto the middle silver bit there, but turns out it's more of a "universal" kit and doesn't actually come with the part that clamps to the bit. Looking in the reviews, i guess you're suppose to 3d print it, and they dont give files for it either. But they do show the part in the pictures. Oh well, I'll probably come up with something better and more off the handle instead of smack dab in the middle of the sticks.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020