Ice Breaker May 28 29 30 in MN

Discussion in 'Event Announcements' started by Bob, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

Portl Polar Bear will host the Ice Breaker Memorial Weekend. Three battles a day Saturday and Sunday one or two one Monday. Drinks lunch and co2 provided for a small TBD fee. Hotels in town if you are traveling.

2. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

3. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

A brief summary on the Ice Breaker this weekend.
    Captains in attendance:
    Bob Warspite
    Zach I boat
    Andy Barham
    Tyler Nagato
    Mike NC
    Peter Kaiser
    Hudson Kingo
    Randy Smurfatura
    Kas iBoat
    Mark Nagato
    Tom Warspite
    Rick Jamaica
    Jason stopped by so I could test his new laser cut and 3D printed super pump. Engineer school pays off.
    Friday a few of us went to the BBQ place in town.
    We had a light rain 50% of the day on Saturday with no with no wind. We battled 6 sorties starting at 9:30 (late start) left the pond around 4:30. Lots of action and sinks. I think Mark replaced a rudder servo. Only break down of the day no delay to battles.
    Sunday was sunny and warm with a little wind blowing at us. Again lots of action, we don't wait around in Port Polar Bear. We got in 6 sorties again left the pond around 5pm. Took a little longer because the nice weather brought out more wondering and talking. Mike changed motors as we patched after battle 2, no delay. Zach and Tyler both had a solder connection break loose in the 6th sortie of the day. Our only ship break downs of Saturday. Tyler's was his main power line and sank him. Zach was a drive motor connection, he sank too, since not moving leads to lots of holes.
    Monday we did three sorties. Ricks rudder servo died before battle. He missed all sorties.
    That was it. We did 15 sorties and had NO delays caused by ship repairs. Only one ship missed sorties because of a failure and he could have made it if wanted to make us wait 10-15 min. Build well, battle more.