I'm new to this hobby, any tips?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by N1D85, Mar 22, 2018.

1. N1D85

N1D85 New Member

I'm looking for warship kits or fully completed warships for $500 or less. I can pay more, but I can't pay much more. I'm also very new to this, so any tips?

2. rcaircraftnut

rcaircraftnut Well-Known Member

Best place to start is to read build threads and rule sets. This will help you decide on a ship and a format. Then once you get to that point we can help you with all the construction and captaining questions that will follow. Take it in steps as it is a lot to absorb.

3. rcaircraftnut

Also where in Ar are you? I live in Watson Ok. I work out of Fort Smith. I have been looking for a protege in my area to help out as well as harass with my ships on a local pond. Lol.

4. GregMcFadden

GregMcFadden Facilitator RCWC Staff

best advice is to ask questions and see stuff in person.. . that and take whatever your favorite ship is you want to build, and wait till it is at least your second or third ship

5. N1D85

N1D85 New Member

I live in Lavaca, Arkansas, which is 20 minutes from Fort Smith. My grandparents live in Claremore, Oklahoma,and I visit them a lot.

6. rcaircraftnut

I am home most weekends so if you want to get together just let me know. Always glad to help someone get started.