I'm still here

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Treaty Combat Fleet' started by JasonC, May 23, 2010.

1. JasonC

JasonC Active Member

Hey guys im still here and running been kinda outa the loop the past 6-7 months havent been following the forums. Do we have set battle dates yet so i can book them off at work i really whant to get my ships running again but i need dates.

Hope to see yall soon Jason

2. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

Good to hear that you are still alive. no firm battle dates as of yet. Which days are better for you. Saturday or Sunday?

3. JasonC

JasonC Active Member

it dosent realy matter to me as long as i have the dates i can book off any of them

4. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

I think the plan discussed earlier was to schedule battles every 2nd weekend, once we get enough people with ships ready to battle. I was on call last weekend and making the first I-400 components so wasn't available to battle. The battle scheduled for the 22nd was cancelled due to lack of competitors.
    John, Paul, Jay, Rob and I have battle ready models for either Treaty or IRCWCC style combat. The problem has been getting a time suitable for everyone to attend. I'm available to battle next weekend.
    Bob

5. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

Don't forget the Steves. They both have at least one boat ready to go.
    J

6. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

I am out of town next weekend. But dont let that keep people from battling.

7. Bob Pottle

What does Steve Hill have that's ready? I believe the HMCS Uganda I rebuilt for him in 2008-2009 still needs speed testing and pump outlet selection .
    Bob

8. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

I thought the Uganda was ready, but I was mistaken. I talked to Steve last night and he told me it wasn't yet, although it wouldn't take much to get it there.
    J

9. Bob Pottle

All that's required to get HMCS Uganda battle ready is to decide whether it will be for Treaty or IRCWCC combat, install the appropriate pump outlet restrictor and run it to set the correct speed.
    Before it was returned to Steve more than a year ago it was test floated and I adjusted the trim. With the props and motors I installed it will probably run close to IRCWCC speed and would need washers installed ahead of the props to slow it to Treaty speed. For IRCWCC it needs the standard small pump outlet which I think Steve had bought from BC. For Treaty a smaller outlet hole is required (next smaller size of brass tubing).
    Bob

10. Bob Pottle

Hi Jason,
    Are any of your ships going to be designed to switch between Treaty and IRCWCC specs? I'm still planning to complete the light carrier Ibuki as a Treaty ship and Gorgon and Minotaur can be quicky be changed to comply with either rule set (by switching pump outlets and props). Looks like Hood will be for IRCWCC rules to start.
    Bob

11. JasonC

JasonC Active Member

at the monent my sips are all set for IRCWCC im having touble getting them to even that atm but once i have them working at them speeds ill make them switchable. my friend and i are headding to a pond down here for testing today so ill have more news as to how well there working.