Imperatritsa Mariya-class battleship

Discussion in 'Ship Plans' started by glaizilla, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Beaver

Beaver 2020 Rookie of the Year Admiral (Supporter)

If you're going to build from a paper model plans, PM me your email address and I'll send you the Gangut plans I have.

2. Beaver

FYI, I got the plans from PreDread. Got to work on the hulls lines last night. About 3/4 the way done with them, then the side profile. Progress was a little slow at first as I was taking lots of screen shots for a future tutorial. Will go faster now.
    Question for @glaizilla, do you want a top profile? I can make one (little more work) but I never used a top profile in a build, not sure if you do. Let me know. :)

3. Beaver

This is the completed hull lines. Only thing is I'm not sure what point to reference the beam at. Is it supposed to be the widest point, or the deck rim?

Attached Files:

4. absolutek

absolutek -->> C T D <<--

Widest point.

NickMyers likes this.
  5. SteveT44

SteveT44 Well-Known Member

Nice cleanup but I would take these hull lines with a grain of salt. These lines look more to me as an artists interpretation of what the lines should look like than actual hull lines. There are several areas where transitions appear to be to abrupt. These would need to be loaded up into a 3D package and used as a guide to develop a fair hull from. IMO, the frames as drawn will lead to a lumpy hull.

upload_2017-7-27_6-17-34.png

6. Beaver

Seems those inconsistencies correspond to areas where casements were. Not sure if that could be the reason.
    Thanks!

7. absolutek

absolutek -->> C T D <<--

The hull lines make more sense if you look at the rest of the lines plans, just looking at those I can see how you might be confused. There are case mates built into the hull that are not reflected in that graphic. I had to draw them in myself when I built my hull.

Anachronus likes this.