Importing blueprints

Discussion in 'Digital Design and Fabrication' started by Lou, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Lou

Lou It's just toy boats -->> C T D <<-- Admiral (Supporter)

Need to import 1/144 scale plans (they are over 6 feet in length), the goal is to be able to make parts in fusion360. I am thinking that regular scanners would not work (hard to keep the copies straight without inducing a bend). Is there a service that would digitize them (can the large printers at a kinkos be used to scan)?
    Looking to see if anyone has solved this before I do investigation. Plan is to follow Will's tutorial, but I need the plans on the computer first.

2. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

You'd want to look around your area for any professional document scanning services, most of the time they'll have a large format scanner for doing this kind of job.

If you are at a loss and cant find a place, maybe call your local construction / zoning office. See if they have started to digitize their records of old building plans. If they have, ask who they use.

Lou likes this.
  3. darkapollo

darkapollo Well-Known Member

I used a Kinkos to scan in and print out 1/144 scale Iowa blue prints (so I had a copy to cut up).

4. WillCover

WillCover -->> C T D <<--

I uses to use the older flat bed scanners upside down on a table.

5. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

I’ve always used a scanner that can do 46” wide paper. But I also work for an electrical contractor so we have one in the office. We also have a couple of plotters to print stuff with.

6. Commodore

Commodore Well-Known Member

Plans for what? Odds are someone already has them.