Info and plans for Roma/Littorio/VittorioVeneto

Discussion in 'Construction' started by Kotori87, Nov 10, 2006.

1. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Only three states have not had a completed battleship named after them: Hawaii, Alaska, and Montana. Hawaii and Alaska were territories (but got battlecruisers instead), and Montana was just unlucky enough to have two battleship planned, then get canceled. There was a USS Florida. A quick search on Wikipedia shows that it was BB-30, was lead ship of her class of two, was laid down in 1909, carried 10x 12" cannon in twin turrets, sailed at 21 knots, participated in convoy duty during WW1, and was scrapped due to the London Naval Treaty.

2. BoomerBoy17

BoomerBoy17 Active Member

Good site for the Littorio class if anyone is interested:
    http://www.serafimov.com/public/phpBB2_2/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5

http://www.military-meshes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87

3. Chris Easterbrook

Chris Easterbrook Well-Known Member

Curt are you still looking for Bismarck\Tirpitz plans?

4. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Tirpitz yes. Bismarck no. I got plenty of Bismarck plans.

5. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

Hey you know what. I'm building mine and I don't even have a planset for it. Is there any way I can land plans of bis... I (unfortunately) want to model the time where there was the stripeset and markings on the deck....

And there aint no way mine is going to look as good as yours....
    Thanks =p

6. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

The plan set I got I purchased them from a guy on Ebay who sells plans. Your probably better off purcahsing them from Ebay or from other sources. It would cost me over 35.oo just to copy them and then several more dollars to ship them.Fortuntaly their are plenty of sources out there you can purchase them from or somebody there should be able to get a copy for you.

7. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

It probably is about the same as shipping, I'll dig them up somewhere. I also can copy what I have as it is already modeled superstructure. I copied my arizona off some insane detailed model I saw pictures of:rolleyes:.