inline rudders

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Treaty Combat Fleet' started by the frog, Dec 12, 2008.

1. the frog

the frog Member

Bob I just proposed a rule for inline rudders it will need a couple of seconds before tomorrow to go through it should help make a lot of early boats easier to build

2. Evil Joker

Evil Joker Member

off topic is the Andrea Doria a good ship in fast gun

3. Gettysburg114th

Gettysburg114th Well-Known Member

Evil,
    That all depends on what format you are in. In Treaty it is a very good ship.

4. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

Evil
    That is sort of a trick question.
    Any ship is only as good as the person that builds, and battles it, and to some extent their teammates. What you will be up against will also be a factor.
    What the other team will be running, how much experience they have, how reliable they are, and what level of teamwork they exercise, will also be important.
    These ships have only two shafts, and in-line rudders. This shaft/rudder arrangement will probably limit the ability to start and stop quickly, and also turn.
    So although the ability of these ships to start, stop, and turn, might not be
    bad, I do not think they will be considered good.
    They are also fairly easy to hit (target area), and do not have a lot of hull volume.
    As they do have 4 turrets, this will allow you some options as to the gun layout, which is kinda nice.
    So if you put an experienced veteran that is known for having reliable stuff in this ship, then one might be able to call it a good ship. Otherwise, I think OK, but leaning towards challenging would be a better discription.
    If you really like the boat, then I say build it, but put extra effort into making her reliable, and getting plenty of stick-time on the water with her before putting her into combat.
    Just my oppinions.
    Mikey