IRC 2018 Rules Posted

Discussion in 'IRCWCC' started by Kevin P., Feb 20, 2018.

1. modelshipsahoy

modelshipsahoy Vendor

68E5F9C5-1A82-4BE4-99FC-7DB9C104F135.jpeg Any pics Commodore?

With six kids all chopping at the bit to play this game, I’m not worried about having the smallest boat with the least trigger pulls. I’ll empty the magazines and take a nap while the sortie plays on.
    That’s something I don’t get to do much with 6
    Kids.
    Mmmmm Nap.

Seriously though the Surcouf is going to be cool. Will make a water cannon version with rotating turret and elevating guns. Will be a poolside hit blasting unsuspecting sunbathers. So no worries about my having builders remorse next summer. I’m a big boy.

2. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

careful on that one, you might find yourself rolling if you light a pump off with an off-axis vector on a wee widdle sub

modelshipsahoy likes this.
  3. modelshipsahoy

modelshipsahoy Vendor

Surcouf has a nice keel down the bottom that will fill with lead shot nicely. My guess is was solid for that same purpose on the real ship dealing with recoil from the big guns. Combat version will have forward facing guns with no turret rotation.

4. kgaigalas

kgaigalas Well-Known Member

modelshipahoy
    You have to forgive us, this forum is full of people asking advice on boats,
    so we get used to giving our opinions (just a habit we have)
    You will find that you will get many good tips (and some bad ones)
    This is a very dedicated and helpful group
    WE WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOU ON THE WATER.
    Good luck
    Kas

5. modelshipsahoy

modelshipsahoy Vendor

You will see us at Saranac next summer Kas.

Sorry if I seem a bit frustrated by my reaction to the “Do this... don’t do that” stuff. I’m a model maker ...not really a combat guy. Most of the models we make are regular non coms. So where all you guys here want to fill the empty slots in your Harbor, I just hide out in the garage building things I like to keep my sanity. Some days that’s a loosing battle, but cool stuff keeps rolling out the door while my Freak Flag Flies.

Hope that helps you all understand that I appreciate all the advice even when it seems I’m not following it.

And no hard feelings... I’m just as human as the next guy so please bear with me as I figure out this little corner of the market. Some of the projects I’m working now were planned out last year before we even started selling stuff and have time and money invested already. New projects simply have to be stuff I like and want to do because the money doesn’t matter as much as my sanity.

buttsakauf, Beaver and Panzer like this.
  6. Panzer

Panzer Iron Dog Shipwerks and CiderHaus

Love to see your sub on the water someday, Being such a Niche market we all wish and hope the best for your Business endeavors as well as your sanity! We also hope and wish for you to come have fun playing toy boats with us so that maybe, just maybe, you recruit 100 - 1000 more interested persons and they come have fun playing toy boats with us as well! See you in Saranac. and "The Mustache wax is yellow!" I repeat "The Mustache wax is Yellow!";);)
    Craig

7. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

I read that rule as saying that a sub can have a pump for ballast control as long as it is not used for damage control. BUT it can also use it's units for guns/pumps as normally allowed. This would allow a sub as a convoy with a pump for ballast control. OR it would allow the pump for ballast and another pump for damage.
    Now fitting all that stuff inside a sub, good luck.

Kevin P. and modelshipsahoy like this.
  8. Commodore

Commodore Well-Known Member

WillCover and modelshipsahoy like this.
  9. modelshipsahoy

modelshipsahoy Vendor

D69EE168-2A07-4E3A-B4C6-939F9C63E479.png I like that it turned nicely...and is recognizable
    Also will be likely building fore and aft hull molds to be screwed together solid after the cutting and gun is installed.

10. modelshipsahoy

modelshipsahoy Vendor

Thanks... the thing helping that is making our own molds... so designed for the purpose.

buttsakauf likes this.
  11. buttsakauf

buttsakauf Well-Known Member

Chase your passions and make it happen:)

12. modelshipsahoy

modelshipsahoy Vendor

Thanks Mike. I just read your thread on Subcomittee from 2012. Did you ever get your Argonaut to work?

13. buttsakauf

buttsakauf Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I got a surprise deployment a couple months later and my design never got past planning and parts acquisition. When I came back, I made the next rank up, and had a big dynamic shift at work. I never got back to it. Sorry for the mean things I said about the Surcouf’s looks;).

14. modelshipsahoy

modelshipsahoy Vendor

Lol mike. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

That’s the least of the mean things I’ve heard lately.

lol.

buttsakauf likes this.
  15. warspiteIRC

warspiteIRC RIP

In that same battle the St. Louis got off a real long range shot on Gerald's I400 from about 25 feet and hit the conning tower. Gerald's I-400 could dive and surface by drawing air through a plastic straw on it's conning tower.

Anvil_x likes this.
  16. Anvil_x

Anvil_x Well-Known Member

That mechanism sounds fascinating. how did he do it? I assume the snorkel had to stay above the water/ had a check valve of some sort.

Was he using an aquarium pump to flush his tanks?

17. modelshipsahoy

modelshipsahoy Vendor

Would love to see the guts of that one. Surcouf is 3”
    Shorter but allowed twin 1/2 cannons. In my dreams, will be able to surface, snap off a dozen quick shots and dive. 4 attack’s per sortie.

Will be using the radio masts of the early version as snorkeling gear. With brass pipes protected by nylon tubes.
    1D805FB4-9A0F-48E3-AC85-6C19D1385F78.jpeg

18. Anvil_x

Anvil_x Well-Known Member

Just realized how involved this has become as a thread, and how off topic we've gone. Perhaps move the discussion to:
    https://rcwarshipcombat.com/threads/another-silly-submarine-thread.445473/

?

This is interesting, just from an engineering perspective. I'm thinking that all of this submarine stuff is a huge pipe dream, but the challenges associated with submarines as a weapon platform at this scale are wonderful starters for engineering thought experiments

19. modelshipsahoy

modelshipsahoy Vendor

I’ll start a new thread when the keel is laid.

Anvil_x likes this.