IRCWCC Legal? A Drag Disc query..

Discussion in 'Propulsion' started by NickMyers, May 14, 2016.

1. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

The only reference in the posted IRCWCC rules to drag discs is "5. Each ship shall be equipped with the proper scale number of shafts, propellers or drag props, and rudders, all in relatively scale locations."

On my Derf I have long mounted a plastic disc on the outboard shafts, held in place by an actual prop (fixed shaft, does not spin) butted right up to it.

Is this arrangement legal? Technically I have both a prop and a disc mounted on the shaft since they're not one piece - giving me an incorrect number.

There is also an argument that they don't create equal drag in reverse as forward, but that must have been an MWC rule as I can't find any reference to that, or any rule constraining the size or shape of a drag prop. (Though I also can't find anything saying a 'drag prop' can be represented by a disc as opposed to a prop that is unpowered either.)

2. Renodemona

Renodemona Well-Known Member

Yes that is fine. The disc must be no larger than the drive props though. I've got real props and a disc on almost all of my ships. I think it looks slightly better when sitting on the bench.

NickMyers likes this.
  3. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

Exactly why mine is that way as well.

thanks

4. Charley

Charley Vendor

There is no specifics to how many, size, or design in IRCWCC also with props or not. I run mine with discs and props

Last edited: May 14, 2016
    NickMyers likes this.
  5. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Charley is correct.

6. irnuke

irnuke -->> C T D <<--

Charley may be right, but he's very rarely "correct". Besides, being PC is way overrated, and no fun at all.