(IRCWCC) SMS Baden

Discussion in 'Warship Builds' started by wdodge0912, Feb 25, 2020.

1. wdodge0912

wdodge0912 Well-Known Member

So Baden was all finished up, but after having the experts take a look at it before sheeting, it would not be IRC legal. To make it so would take a whole lot of work, pretty much would be rebuilding the the entire hull. In the interest of time and effort, the hull is going to be gutted and parts swapped into a different ship. I could have battled it, but with battles here in Michigan being done for the season (last one being this weekend I do believe) and since I wouldn't have it back until next weekend anyways, it's going to be gutted.

The transplant will be done before next season really kicks in. I will have a cruiser for any battles before I get the finished replacement ship, and I do have my Deutschland cruiser to work on as well.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
  2. Commodore

Commodore Well-Known Member

Sometimes "experts" need to learn to keep their mouths shut.

Sometimes, things can be fixed later.

Sometimes "experts" are dummies.

I've been one.

Sorry to hear that.

I'd rather see you on the water and having fun.

There's a clause in the rules to allow things to slide occasionally, especially for beginners.

Pity people forget that one.

darkapollo likes this.
  3. wdodge0912

It is a long term ship though, I won't be a beginner for ever. I'd rather have a ship that's good now and don't have to worry about it. I'll have a cruiser ready to go next weekend. Won't be at a battle until next year. I knew going into it with it that it was build for treaty, so it's on me and not them or anyone else for the issue.

Like I said sure I could battle it now, but a few years from now, when I still want to battle it, I want to be able to take it to a Nats and still be legal. I know the rules change and all, but I doubt there would be a huge enough rules change to take a ship that is fully legal now and make it illegal then.

4. kgaigalas

kgaigalas Well-Known Member

If you keep missing battling seasons you could be a beginner for many years.

Commodore,
    In your opinion how many battles does it take to get past beginner?
    20 - 30?

5. wdodge0912

Don't forget I have a cruiser.

I will have the replacement ship 100% battle going by the end of May 2022. So the first Michigan battle I will battle with my cruiser, and the next I will have a fully functional, probably even better functioning, 100% IRC legal ship, that I can keep and battle for years to come.

I would not be missing any battles due to not having a ship here in Michigan, starting next weekend. Any that are scheduled before the end of May I can run my cruiser.

Cruisers are suggested for Beginners as well.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
  6. wdodge0912

Anyway you slice it, I have a ship to battle to the start the season next year, and will have a capital for the end of May Michigan battle.

7. Commodore

Commodore Well-Known Member

Oh, very good. I hope that you have a happy time in the Springtime, and, well, after a side conversation with certain 'experts', I think I might agree with them, you're probably better off not wasting more time or money on a ship that had severe construction issues.

I wish that someone made/sold "casemate free" hulls, that could be more easily made legal, or perhaps made it more clear that it would be a viable option or something. It's just such a hassle.

Best of luck to you, and I hope you have a happy winter/springtime.

Panzer and wdodge0912 like this.