(IRCWCC) Verite and Duca D'Aosta

Discussion in 'Warship Builds' started by wdodge0912, May 14, 2020.

1. wdodge0912

wdodge0912 Well-Known Member

So just in the planning stages for these 2 ships right now, and will slowly work at them once Baden is finished.

Both will be considered "loaners" and not build at a super high competition level. The goal is to just get them usable and reliable as cheaply as possible, so if one of my family members wants to battle, they can just borrow one of those 2.

Duca would be nice to have quads, but I'm fairly certain it's out of reach with keeping it cheap (4 solenoids are expensive) as well as figuring out how to get quads. Duals should be sufficient enough. It will get some superstructure work and new balsa before it hits the water (besides all the other parts that will be used to get it going of course) and will get a new paint job as well. Red bottom, black water line, wood colored deck with the red/white stripes, and the boat will also be painted with a lighter blue.

As for Verite, as it is quite a small ship, I want to build a box for it, where it will have all the tools and such for it. Make the ship a grab and go, it's all checked off and not touched until a battle. That way if I decide last minute I can make a battle, I can grab and go. Guns will be bow sidemount and dual sterns naturally.

For batteries I have those 5200 3s lipos. I was thinking of getting more for Duca and going with the 6v 10ah NiMH batteries for Verite, but I think if I can squeeze bigger capacity batteries into my battery box in the Baden, the 5200s will be for both ship.

Not sure if I should use just 1 or 2 batteries in the Verite.

Attached Files:

2. GregMcFadden

GregMcFadden Facilitator RCWC Staff

I run quads in my duca with two solenoids feeding the 4 cannons. Works well but for weight they need to be plastic cannons. I 3d printed mine. Duca likes to roll in turns a lot when topside heavy. I run a 2s 5200mah battery and a 3.5oz co2 bottle.

3. wdodge0912

wdodge0912 Well-Known Member

I dont have a 3d printer or I'd go for the quads. At least until I get my own and figure out how it prints, and a that, I dont want to send anything like that out to be printed either. Just because if it printed badly and doesnt end up working, I just spend that mark up and shipping to get something that wont work.

I figured if I could get the duals fed from 1 solenoid, that would save money there too.

I have a 3oz BC bottle that will be shared between them for now.

And the 3s lipos should be more than enough for the Duca, I'm just not sure on Verite as it will be pumping more being a slow predreadnought.