Iron Duke BB Or Utah BB

Discussion in 'Ship Comparison' started by Buddy, Jan 28, 2009.

1. CaptainCook

CaptainCook Member

I think I will be going with :
    a stern gun in turret 5
    A stern sidemount in turret 3
    and a bow sidemount in one of the bow turrets, which ever I choose...I have a lot of time to decide, since I have to finish building the hull, and install the engine system, pumps, radio, etc. At the moment the only parts I have rather than the hull, balsa, and silkspan is the hardware kit and one turret. I'm using BC's Mississippi turrets, they are close enough in size and that is what Rick recomended. I will make a Utah build post in the warship builds section soon, I just need to the the pictures loaded on to my computer first.
    Garrett

2. BoomerBoy17

BoomerBoy17 Active Member

You do have lots of time to decide, so keep talking here and with local battlers and you'll be fine.
    Very cool, i cant wait to see your build.

3. CaptainCook

CaptainCook Member

Glad to here of your interest, I will see if I can get some pictures posted today. Otherwise it will be on Sunday, I will not be home tomorrow.

4. BoomerBoy17

im glad to help, but there will be many more here willing to help. Im the only one that has the week off (school vacation), and can reply this time of day. I will be leaving for the weekend today, so ill see them sunday either way. best of luck

5. CaptainCook

CaptainCook Member

You got this week off? Lucky. I am still in high school myself but did not get the week off. At any rate, thanks for your help.

6. BoomerBoy17

Yea, we in CT get february and april vacations, its pretty sweet. A high school boy too? awesome, we need some more young people in this hobby, to dilute all of the old farts (in the most respectable way possible). Hey, consider it help from one newb to another, less experienced newb. Best of luck.

7. CaptainCook

CaptainCook Member

Yep, I'm a high school kid. I agree, this hobby needs more young people as members, the old guys won't be here forever and we need someone to keep it going. About the help, thats great, its just that, besides Rick at BC, you guys on this forum are the first fellow battlers/builders I've ever talked to. It's nice to speak with someone who shares your interest. And best of luck to you, as well.

8. Buddy

Buddy Active Member

HI Guys, yes I will take some pics as we go along. The way we had planned to set it up was to use # 2 turret as a bow side mount to port, number 3 side mount to starboard and the very last turret as a stern gun, now if we can fit it in we are going to make it pivet with the rudder so it will track a following ship.
    Buddy

9. Buddy

Buddy Active Member

HI Guys, yes I will take some pics as we go along. The way we had planned to set it up was to use # 2 turret as a bow side mount to port, number 3 side mount to starboard and the very last turret as a stern gun, now if we can fit it in we are going to make it pivet with the rudder so it will track a following ship.
    Buddy

10. BoomerBoy17

cant wait to see those pics Buddy, and glad to share the camraderie of young-ness with ya Cpt.

11. CaptainCook

CaptainCook Member

Thanks Buddy, I'll be looking forward to seeing the pictures.