Iron Duke Build

Discussion in 'Warship Builds' started by tiger10, Mar 8, 2017.

1. SteveT44

SteveT44 Well-Known Member

That would be Steve Andrews I'm hoping? :D

2. Beaver

Beaver 2020 Rookie of the Year Admiral (Supporter)

Could be both of you. I'm seem to recollect you smoking your Barham pump last battle. :D

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  3. SteveT44

Yep. That's what happens when you run a 6V motor on 24V under load.

4. Trey Schultz

Trey Schultz Member

Realistically, Rick S is the best person to see about electrical, being a master electrician for over 30 years and all.

Drive train, probably Kevin P or myself, depending on your preference in linkage (he likes gears, I like dogbones).

I can also help with brushless motors, ESCs, guns (also Kevin or Rick).

I have an Iron duke, so can show you how I set it up.

If you're interested in a Saturday build session in my shop (in Glen Burnie, MD), pm me for details. We in the MAG are here to help

5. tiger10

tiger10 Member

Thanks for all the offers of help. I definitely will be taking advantage of all the help I can get, although things seem to be going reasonably well so far. As a build update, I redid my rudder setup with some gears from BC and tested it in the kiddie pool. Much stronger mount and everything worked well. I like the adjustable endpoint feature on the radio I got, makes it really easy to set the rudder throw. Also marked the waterline at 24lb in preparation for cutting out the ribs. I am definitely going to post rib layout here before I cut for some input! IMG_3946.JPG

Going to have to find a pond in central NJ to test run the model later this spring if everything keeps going well. *knock on wood*

SteveT44 and Beaver like this.
  6. SteveT44

Count me in for any weekend build sessions. I find it hard to get over to Annapolis on Fridays.

7. Kevin P.

Kevin P. Well-Known Member

Did you ever make it down to DC? Our spring battle is April 13-15, plenty of time to get a boat ready for the water