Is Ralph still producing hulls

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Battle Squadron' started by bb26, Jan 21, 2021.

1. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

Is Ralph still producing hulls? I am lioking for a qe hull

2. Kevin P.

Kevin P. Well-Known Member

I believe so (not sure if he does over winter or not), I think email is the same

3. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

Ralph still makes hulls and might have a QE hull in stock. If he doesn't you'll have to wait until April or May when it's warm enough to do fiberglass work outside. He sold a couple of 1/144 hulls last year but is working on larger scale hulls now (ice breakers). No plans for more 1/144 hulls.

He sold his original mid-1930s QE hull mold. The hull he makes now is for the QE and Valiant post reconstruction in early WWII. (No casemates.)

4. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

I think I should be ready for a QE hull come late April or May. That should complete my fleet as I think there 3d printing files available for the superstructure.

Bob Pottle likes this.
  5. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

There are files for the superstructure of HMS Rodney available too. I might finally build her - have one of Ralph's hulls, his primary and secondary turret sets, and made a fiberglass deck with molded-in recesses for 1/8" lexan hatches. It's been sitting on the main beam in the basement for 12 years!

6. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

I think if I can get my 3d printer running I will look for the qe files. I just wish there were files for the espana