Island Hopping Scenario

Discussion in 'Scenarios / Gameplay' started by Slyfly, Sep 4, 2015.

?

Good Idea?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Slyfly

Slyfly Member

Incase you didn't know, island hopping was the strategy employed by the U.S. navy in WWII to gain bases with which to attack Japan. This scenario is very similar.

I've figured out that you all know how to make islands with little flip targets, which brings us to our only new invention for this scenario. A double flip target. Basically, whenever it's shot, a different color target would come up. (Example red is shot and so it flips down as blue flips up. This could also be done with plastic flag targets.)

Basically, create at least 3 islands with these flip targets. Make sure the flip targets can be hit from any side of the island. Put these at random points in the pond and make it fair. Look at a Battlefield 4 conquest map if you need ideas.

Now, each side must "capture" every island by hitting the flip targets, changing the "ownership" of the island. (To start make half of them one teams color and half of them the others team color.) Once a team has ownership of all the islands for 3 minutes straight, they win. (The victory conditions can be changed if you'd like.)

I think this scenario is relatively simple and promotes both a defense and offense tactics in the gameplay.

2. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Build them and test it!

3. Slyfly

Slyfly Member

Lol I'd rather build my first boat to begin with.