Italian Trento Class Cruiser

Discussion in 'Ship Plans' started by GeekSpeed, Apr 3, 2011.

1. absolutek

absolutek -->> C T D <<--

Yes, but I'm cool with that, its nice to be able to print my own deck templates to use as guides as well.

2. Anachronus

Anachronus Well-Known Member

You would have to rescale them as well. But that is easily done.

3. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

I'm on the record with how I feel about stealing others' work (search the forums, I think Bob Pottle and I and a few others tore someone a new one about copying a hull to make a mold), I am only digitizing the collection to have an archival copy stored with Anachronus in case something further hapopens to my health. I've spent a lot of time and effort collecting my plans and want them to be available after I am gone (God willing I will continue to annoy people for many years, though). Any plans that I've posted are either not copyrighted, or public domain, or covered under the GPL like my own plans are. I encourage anyone who has such plans to digitize them so we can build the plans repository for the good of the hobby; if you have such plans and aren't sure how to do it, please pm me and I'll be delighted to help.

If you order the Profile Morskie downloadable plans, you will need to print them and tape the pages together to get the full plan view. Be careful with alignment or you'll get a crooked ship! That said, they are nice (I have ordered 3 of them, plus the books), especially for the detailed layouts of the SS. The stateside sources of plans (Strike, BC, Floating Drydock, Goff, etc) will likely be cheaper for hard copies, and with the 10-12 Euro price (and $-Euro exchange rate), the downloadables don't really save you much; you also have to get the plans blown up to 1:144. I will take this opportunity to plug my favorite overseas plansman, Haruo-san of Miyukikai in Japan. $24 - 30 including shipping gets you really, really, astounding plans, although they'll take 2 weeks to arrive and you'll have to blow them up to use them.

4. Anachronus

I would still love to find the plans that were used to create the Duke of Edinburgh hull that Strike now sells. If it is not a trade secret anyway. NMM? If so I guess a trip to England is in order for me. Such a hardship! :)

5. Anachronus

Oh and my archivist brain is pondering a unified plans collection. The organization is easy in this case.

6. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

I am separating mine into share-able and not share-able.

7. GeekSpeed

GeekSpeed Active Member

Nice, I had not realized that the Profile Morske plans were in pdf. Sweet. Does anyone know what language that is? Russian? Do they scale up to 1/144 ok? I have no problems with resizing and taping pages together if the base plans are good.

Don't worry Keri, I still need cannons and a pump, so you will see some $$ coming your way in the next few months. ;-)

8. GeekSpeed

GeekSpeed Active Member

Wait, its Polish. I needed to look at the .pl at the end of the address. Duuuurrrr....

9. absolutek

absolutek -->> C T D <<--

They are polish & english.