Solved jpg images no longer uploading

Discussion in 'Website Issues' started by Kotori87, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Ahoy folks, I just tried uploading some jpg images of two 3d printed resources I added to the website. Got a strange error message, claiming that "the uploaded file does not have an allowed extension". Both pictures were taken with my phone, attempted to upload from my computer. This is most unexpected because I had no problem uploading pictures just a few days ago.

2. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

hrmmm, more context please. Were you trying to add them in a post in the thread, in the description of the resource, or somewhere else?

3. Kotori87

I first tried adding them to the description of the resource. After I got the error message, I tried adding the images to an existing thread, then to a newly created thread, then I tried with photos I uploaded earlier in the Deutschland build thread. In each case, I got the same error message.

4. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

Can you email me one that induces the error? Admin@rcwarshipcombat.com

5. GregMcFadden

GregMcFadden Facilitator RCWC Staff

do these pictures happen to have come from an iphone? I can't replicate here..

6. Kotori87

After further issues trying to email Nick the offending photos, I discovered that it worked just fine when I copy the photos to my desktop. So no problem with the website, just a problem with my phone.

NickMyers likes this.