june 18 or 19th

Discussion in 'Southeast Attack Squadron' started by zackcon2, Jun 17, 2010.

1. zackcon2

zackcon2 Member

How is this weekend looking mr.Clark for some boat building?

2. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Saturday is good, starting around 10AM because everybody needs to be done for the day by no later than 4. Sunday I'll be at my parents' house for Father's Day.

3. zackcon2

zackcon2 Member

well those dates are wrong. got my days mixed up since VBS is goin on at my church right now. anyhow ill be there on saturday!

4. Tugboat

Cool, see you then. Bring everything, we can get your electrics started while we wait for Brian to show up.

5. djranier

djranier Well-Known Member

What got conpleted?

6. Tugboat

Bottle and regulator are mounted. Motors are capped and properly connected to the also-completed MAG throttle. Would have gotten to the pump, but we needed more wire and I was getting tired :) The motors work properly, although Brian will need to waterproof Zach's servos before combat. Next weekend Brian will show Zach how to sheet whilst I finish the pump wiring and mount, and we will get the guns plumbed up. So, 2 weeks from now, Zach should be able to drive his fully-sheeted ship around the pool and test the noncombat systems! It will still need water channeling, but that's easy enough for Zach and his dad to do after they get a lesson on it.

My I-boat refit: I got the stern deck fitted to Indomitable (doing it your way (Dave) with the 3/8" deck/subdeck combo, then routering a lip for a hatch). Looks spiffy and after work today I got the first coating of spar varnish on the deck and hatch. I'm doing the deck before it's epoxied in so that the underside gets a good 3 coats in. The deck is just convenient to do at the same time. Refitting Indomitable lets me accumulate the pieces-parts I need for Musashi, as the refit is largely from materials I already have in the shop. On Sunday after Father's day dinner at Mom and Dad's, I got the new stbd stuffing tube epoxied in place. Next weekend, I'm going to get the other one in, and get the rudders set up. The new stuffing tubes put the props nearer the rudders by 1/2", and a bit closer together. I'm using a BC 1 into 2 gearbox (500-size) to drive Indomitable around. I will probably buy an ESC for the throttle to keep things simple. The guns for 'Dom will be new, also. I got some very thick-walled brass tubing(several mm's thick wall), nice tight tolerance that will be the barrels of my new guns. The old ones are nice, except that they don't have enough height on the uptube to allow a suitable downangle where the mag hits the bottom. Especially the sidemounts.

I will remain proudly Axis (what with Scharnie being battle-ready, and building a Musashi and all), and use 'Dom to even the battle by switching if we axis ever outnumber the allied schweinhunden by enough to make it unfair (like a 1:1 ratio!! ;^) But the old girl is getting a proper refit to fighting trim, as she is well into her 2nd decade of battling.

7. djranier

djranier Well-Known Member

After Nats I plan on making a Nagato myself, or rebuilding Rick's. His may actually require more work that just making a new one. So you may not be the only Axis by next year. Don will hate me going back Axis, LOL. But it's true, Axis have more fun.

8. Tugboat

Truly, the Axis has more fun. What can the allies yell? 'Pip, Pip, Cheerio?' Anyhow, it'll be nice to have battles that are Axis and Allies instead of tape and no tape :)

9. Anachronus

Anachronus Well-Known Member

Well at least our operas don't last three or four days.

10. Tugboat

Ha! Shakespeare is so much better in the original Klingon!! :)

11. Anachronus

Anachronus Well-Known Member

With Christopher Plummer speaking the lines it is a near thing. :)

12. zackcon2

zackcon2 Member

i have a canoe trip that will take friday and saturday25/26 but sunday is open for me. how about you

13. Tugboat

We can do some work Sunday, no problem. We will get the pump hooked up and start sheeting, so bring your balsa and a can of weldwood! Actually, per SOP, bring everything. But make double sure you've got balsa and a can of Weldwood.

14. zackcon2

zackcon2 Member

around what time?

15. Tugboat

NOON-ish is fine. I have yet another hull taking shape, but I'm clearing off a workbench for you.