Just confirming Treaty mods for IRCWCC ships

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Treaty Combat Fleet' started by TheMackster, Sep 16, 2008.

1. TheMackster

TheMackster Member

Hey Bob and all,

Just wanted to be sure I had this right for when I start building up my cruiser so I can quickly change from one format to another.

Very simply stated:

1) the speed may be slower (based on 60 - actual speed)
    I think I can easily fix that by adding a POT inline with the motor power wiring and painting the slower speed setitng on it.

2) pump isn't limited by size but by flow rate
    If I keep mounts the same, I should be able to swap in a smaller pump or maybe a reducer to limit outslow?

That's about it isn't it?

2. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

That's right Mack. Speed can be changed by varying the resistance to the current or using different sets of props and/or drag discs for the two rule sets.

With 4 shafts Kent can reduce its speed via drag discs on the outer shafts and may have to go down only one prop size. (Canberra, Cumberland and Canarias all used 30 mm 3-blade Rivabo props for IRCWCC speed.)

IRCWCC pumps have either 1/8" or 3/32" outlets, no matter what size pump motor. Treaty pumps can vary motors and outlet size to achieve the maximum allowed output per type of ship. For all of my ships I've had to work out an outlet size for Treaty that gives the right flow, either larger or smaller than the outlet used for IRCWCC. Now I just have to switch outlets to go from IRCWCC to Treaty or vice versa.

Bob

3. Yamatek

Yamatek New Member

Hello Mackster and Bob.

In preparing USS Augusta I've been labouring over what "Treaty" combat is and how it would apply to my own ships. I've gone over quite a few postings and was still a bit baffled.
    Thank you for clearing up a lot of the confusion regarding my own cruiser. [​IMG]
    ~Jerimie.

4. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

Welcome back Jerimie. If you need help converting the USS Augusta to Treaty specs email me.

Bob

5. Yamatek

Yamatek New Member

Hi Bob and thank you.
    I sincerely appreciate the offer of your expertise. :)

I think it should be OK. A couple years of being a Dad have let me sit with patience and not rush the results when I'm working. Surprisingly more headway has been made with this attitude.

I was going to strip the entire deck off Augusta and form a new one but the deck she has isn't horrible just battle weary. My maintenance however....was stinky at best. :D

~Jerimie.