Just Starting

Discussion in 'Great Lakes Attack Squadron (GLAS)' started by KriegJA, Apr 14, 2017.

1. KriegJA

KriegJA New Member

Hello everyone,

In the Novi/Northville area here, I have been quietly perusing this forum for a couple months and have started on my first build this week. I have always built static WWII models but I always wanted to get into the RC stuff. I purchased the fast gun lutzow kit from strike and just completed the stuffing tube/rudder installation last night. This wont be a battle boat though as I am detailing everything and also wont be cutting the hull. I might want to come watch a battle or two though to see if I might want to start a second ship for that purpose.

kgaigalas likes this.
  2. Lou

Lou It's just toy boats -->> C T D <<-- Admiral (Supporter)

Welcome! I think there is a group of battlers in your area, I am sure they will be chiming in soon

3. WillCover

WillCover -->> C T D <<--

welcome Jackpt, mark Roe and alemi are in your area, alemi is just starting also, Jackpt last year, Mark is the Master Jedi of the club, again welcome!

4. kgaigalas

kgaigalas Well-Known Member

Welcome;
    Love to have you in our combat club
    you would be our 4th battler in your area.
    Here is an idea,
    I have seen captains build a combat boat and make a rough super structure for battle (this could be built on a Saturday) and then
    after the battle pop of the damaged super structure and put on the nice one. Hulls do not take big damage and are re-skinned.

Love to see you at our battle on May 13. There will be a Lutzow there!
    Would that work for you?
    Kas

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  5. aleMI

aleMI Active Member

Welcome! As Will stated, I'm just starting off too. Glad to see another person in the Metro Detroit area.

kgaigalas likes this.
  6. KriegJA

KriegJA New Member

That's not a bad idea Kas, but I am skipping a few of the water-proofing and reinforcing steps with this hull and from what I can gather I will be modifying a few things with the cannon system that would be outside of battle regulations. I would still like to buy another boat though strictly for battling. Might be a couple months though, kinda tough starting out on the pocket book with this hobby.

kgaigalas likes this.
  7. kgaigalas

kgaigalas Well-Known Member

Sounds like a plan!!
    Hope to see you at the battle :):):):):):):)
    Our battle schedule is on the RC warship Combat site under GLAS
    By the way, we are catering lunch ($7.50) let me know if you are interested.
    Also we could set-up a car-pool
    Kas

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  8. pigeonfarmboy

pigeonfarmboy Well-Known Member

To clarify, RC Naval Combat is no longer a thing. You're in the right section now or your post has been moved here.

9. jackpkt

jackpkt Member

Welcome to the club.

I live minutes from you in Novi off Novi road, we should get together soon. I travel for work so not home except on weekends, Mark and I have sessions ever few months, as I am new to this myself, I also come from the fine scale modeling side of the hobby. I will send you my contact info via PM. Maybe Mark, Yourself and i can get together for lunch or a beer soon.

Cheers
    Jack