just wondering??

Discussion in 'Ship Plans' started by boater26, Aug 15, 2008.

1. admiraljkb

admiraljkb Member

Currently, I know of at least 20 folks that want a Texas/New York hull. I see that request more often than any other ship class bar none. Not sure what it is about that class. Could be that I'm from Texas, but I see New York requests running around as well. It's near impossible to build an effective one in Big Gun though without the fiberglass hull, so that's what several of us have been waiting on. Market's there if somebody makes it. The hull itself also doubles nicely for Nevada and Arkansas. My personal preference is the Texas in it's original WWI trim, cause I like Cage Masts, torpedoes on board and simple superstructures. :)

Would it be combat effective in any format? Likely not, even in Big Gun the ship is kinda small to support all 5 turrets with CO2 and batteries and a pump. However, it's a personal favorite of mine regardless, and sometimes that trumps any sort of combat effectiveness ratio. What ship really tugs on your heart strings? Build IT! If you love the ship, and it's not totally awesome on the pond making people quiver in the boots, is that any worse than a ship that you care nothing for, but is supposed to be great? The gamers among us just want some guns and a hull, and I respect that, but the historians and such among us want something we can bond with historically and build as such.

Cheers
    Jeff

Cheers
    Jeff

2. HMCS

HMCS Active Member

One idea if that many people want a Texas/New York hull would be to contact Ralph Coles. Not sure what he has on the go for projects right now but he will usually build a new mold/hull with 5 confirmed orders.

3. Anachronus

Anachronus Well-Known Member

I'd buy one in its WW1 form.

Not sure how good a match it is for either Wyoming or Nevada though. The dimensions are wrong for the former and the latter was not flush decked.

4. admiraljkb

admiraljkb Member

The dimensions are close enough to be within +/-5% allowed in BigGun rules. Not saying that to get a Nevada that it wouldn't need at least some "rework", but most of the hullwork would be done already. :)