Kongo class Bc

Discussion in 'Warship Builds' started by ish311, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

From that photo it seems to me you don't have all the ribs the model is allowed.

Bob

2. ish311

ish311 Active Member

put in all the ribs as drawn on the 1/144 scale plans i had for wood building to MWC standards. but may be short. short is better than to many.

3. irnuke

irnuke -->> C T D <<--

Kongo w/ 2" hard at bow, 1" at stern would be allowed 24 quarter-inch ribs. (or 16x3/8")

Rib Calculator

4. ish311

ish311 Active Member

first part of the ss is printing now for once i noticed a defect before a 5 hour print started and fixed it. if this comes out well i will probably redo the entire top deck eventually.

5. McSpuds

McSpuds Vendor

Use a "Spar Varnish"

6. ish311

ish311 Active Member

test run successful. have a fairly bad leak in the bow but i expected that. need to re-secure my battery as well but hey found out the pump works.

SS test works nicely will finish making the rest of it and print it out in grey.

need to find a co2 fill station near me and send off 2 20oz bottles that I used to have for paintball. while that size might not go in anything but a Yamato they will be handy for port testing.

7. McSpuds

McSpuds Vendor

pics....... need more pics......

NickMyers likes this.
  8. ish311

ish311 Active Member

old ss is ripped off in the video and the new one was printed in white... as my gray abs needs some time in a desiccant bag.

Tugboat likes this.
  9. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Was that full throttle ahead in the video? I can't believe the progress you've made since you had her in the shop here!

10. Lou

Lou It's just toy boats -->> C T D <<-- Admiral (Supporter)

Congratulations! It is ALIVE!
    upload_2015-4-22_6-48-19.png

11. ish311

ish311 Active Member

yea that was full throttle both reverse and forward
    for the ss best to do a single print or slurry bits together?

12. ish311

ish311 Active Member

will finish modeling up to deck 3 of 6 on my SS tonight. need to decide next project. Do I do my non fighting warship project, model out a shimakaze with a built in mount for a single bushless and mostly printed body, or build the Taiho as a convoy. just wish it wasn't so dang big.... or i had bought a small truck instead of a fusion. good thing the back seat folds down.

13. Lou

Lou It's just toy boats -->> C T D <<-- Admiral (Supporter)

Taiho

Tugboat likes this.
  14. Tugboat

Kongo is a 24-second ship, she looked a little slow :( What kV motors are you running and what kind of batteries?

For the SS, print in parts and slurry together. Most of the time, you don't even need slurry, just paint the two sides of a joint, and hold them together securely for a minute.

I 2nd Lou's comment... Taiho!

15. irnuke

irnuke -->> C T D <<--

Shinano can be a convoy :laugh:

16. ish311

ish311 Active Member

shinano is the wrong scale...... and badly made.

only time it was in forward was the last 5 seconds of the video. and it's 2 550 cans on a geared drive with a 12v motor

tomorrow i will paint it and fix the leaks and do a timed run around the pond when i'm not worrying about it sinking in the middle of the super gross 10-12 foot deep section in the center.

and very well. taiho it is. i cutup my plans yesterday trying to scan them in and they fit but the dammed scanner keeps triming them down to a4 size not the 195cm or so that it is. still need to figure out a rib layout and will actually get the rib calculator out later for that. wish i had a full hull form in my plans. got it about half figured yesterday now for hoping my dammed cad program didn't eat the file........again. bloody thing locks up and freezes all the time but 3 year autocad student licence for $0 is hard to argue with. but i might get solid works again later this year. just works better for 3d model editing (used it for 6 months in school vs only 2d in autocad for 4)

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  17. Tugboat

Easy fast fix is to buy a pair of 6V 550 can motors from BC. Kongo looks dramatically slow (hint, hint) and coming from a slow boat driver, that's a warning. ;)

On the plus side, at that speed, I would try to catch you with Evstafi, and you can run Kongo at that speed forever without submarining and I can't :)

18. ish311

ish311 Active Member

that is what they are tug meant 12 v lead acid(that needs charged). will find out what it's speed is tomorrow

19. Tugboat

kk... battery state of charge obviously has an effect :) Still looks awesome :)

20. ish311

ish311 Active Member

going to have to bug you before the battle so i can reprogram my esc. have the 45 amp hobby king one and got the wrong programming card.