Konig inpenatrable areas

Discussion in 'Construction' started by t_josef, Oct 23, 2008.

1. t_josef

t_josef Member

Does anyone have have pictures (or even suggestions) on the cut outs for my konig kit? It is being set up for fast gun IRCWCC rules.

I need a bit of clarification on how far the cut out should extend down the hull. As well as the belt on the hull about a 1/2 inch below the deck line.

Thank you once again.

Tom

2. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

If I'm reading you correct...

the cutout should extend down the hull 1 inch below waterline and the belt is a 1/8 wide stringer

waterline is usually measured with the boat filled to weight and floated, when you are done building, make the boat weigh the same again.

3. t_josef

t_josef Member

On the konig, I'm thinking the belt is the bump out (I'm thinking armor belt) that is aproximately 1/2" below the deck. This is molded into the fiberglass (a BC hull), it runs about 2/3rds the length of the hull, and would need a stringer to give form to the original shape.

I was hoping that someone could suggest how long the cut out, below the belt, should be.

4. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

Put tape on it where you think the ribs and stringer should go. post the photos here and we can check it out to see if it is done the best way. it's been done alot on the site.

5. Evil Joker

Evil Joker Member

look here http://www.rcnavalcombat.com/rcnavalcombat/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2217

6. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

It still goes 1 inch below waterline if it is IRCWCC.

7. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

I just finished cutting out my Konig yesterday. I can take pics and post them here for you. I am working now so it will be later today or tomorrow.

ADM STOKOMOTO

8. t_josef

t_josef Member

Stoko,

I would appreciate that. I have the pictures of Joker's cut outs, and I have seen the taped lines on you konig, and I'm they look a bit different. Now I know that the rules for constructions allow for deviation, but I figure the more examples I see the better.

Tom

9. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Ok here are some pics of Konig after I cut it out. It is far from being finished. I need to cut out the area between the gunwale and the armoured stringer. The Port Side needs to be cut down to 1/8 in. I have to remove the tape and clean up the corners of the panels and file all excess material away.

STBD BOW KONIG

[​IMG]

Midships Konig

[​IMG]

stbd quarter aft Konig

[​IMG]

stbd side view overall Konig

[​IMG]

stern underside-Konig

[​IMG]

Once I get the tape peeled off I can clean it all up and take more pics.

Adm Stokomoto

10. sarges_heroes2003

sarges_heroes2003 Member

good grief, did you use cutting wheels as sanding drums?? looks like it in those upper windows. I would have thought that the drilled holes would have provided a stop for the cutting wheel. no??

11. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

No not always. I used cutting wheels. Particualrly in very small areas that are smaller than your cut off disk. The corners are even harder. I just made those cuts just to make a cut. I will take care of those panels in a better fashion later. Hard to see through Goggles that are half steamed up and covered in dust..heh heh.

ADM STOKOMOTO

Scourge of the Northern Hemisphere
    STOKOMOTO SHIPYARDS
    IJN YAMATO
    IJN NAGATO
    IJN AOBA?
    DKM BISMARCK
    DKM TIRPITZ
    SMS KONIG
    SMS VON DER TANN
    DKM GRAF SPEE
    HMS PRINCE OF WALES
    USS CALIFORNIA
    DMB ROMA
    HMS WARSPITE

[:)][:D][8D][:p][}:)][;)][B)][|)][^]

12. BoomerBoy17

BoomerBoy17 Active Member

you really do have too many ships. 12 ships total? 9 battleships? 2 heavy cruisers and a battlecruiser? where's the partridge in a pear tree? What are you thinking man? what ever will you do with all of those ships?

13. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Roma will go back to Nova Scotia to it's Captain. That leaves 11 ships. Warspite will be in Nova Scotia or NB under a new Captain in 09. That leaves 10 ships. Nagato- runner non combat- that leaves 9 ships. Tirptiz- Runner- leaves 8 ships - Bismarck- Retirement- 7 SHIPS. Aoba - not here yet. Future purchase possible... leaves 7 ships.

7 is plenty.. yup. What to do ... use them of course.

Adm Stokomoto

14. Chris Easterbrook

Chris Easterbrook Well-Known Member

Curt does that include PE?

15. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

I am green with envy...I only have 5 [^]

Plus yours are beautiful!

16. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Nope does not include the PE.

ADM Stokomoto