LABOR DAY BATTLE

Discussion in 'Southeast Attack Squadron' started by Tugboat, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Yes, I saw that, too. Should be fun. The last of the stern guns for POW (my KGV) arrived from BC on a pale horse. I learned last night that we will NOT be going to the in-laws' house this weekend, and so I can get the boat more or less completed. Huzzah!

2. Anachronus

Anachronus Well-Known Member

Warrior plans copied and scaled. I think Kinkos over charged me last time as this run was much cheaper.

3. Tugboat

They probably did; plans are usually pretty cheap to get copies printed. <$10 in any case

4. Tugboat

RAR!! My 2S balance leads arrived, so I can solder my flat-pack LiFe battery cells into batteries! Making four 2S (6.6V) 20AH flat packs, 2 of which will be in POW during battle, for 13.2V 20AH in total. Rar. She can battle. ALL! DAY! LONG!

5. Anachronus

(Cue the Lionel Richie)

6. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Putting in my special request chit tomorrow. I'm bringing my destroyer, and hopefully another fun little surprise for you all. No guarantees though, power school doesn't leave me much time to play...

7. Tugboat

Ah, Power School. I remember it like it was yestertwenty years ago :) They still have the big model of USS Bainbridge on the quarterdeck?

8. Kotori87

Nope, they moved that to the galley. Now they've got a 4-foot model of the Nautilus, which is very convenient for explaining to people how big my ships are. Speaking of which, I have now officially been in the navy for more than 1 year. Wow, I feel special.

9. mike5334

mike5334 Well-Known Member

Grats! Only 19 more to go. Don't worry ... time passes quickly. :)

10. Anachronus

Watching Isaac.

11. Tugboat

Don't worry about Isaac, he ain't sh**. And even if he is, he ain't hitting us. And even if he does, we had Nats 2006 in a hurricane, I still have the radar plot from the battle area saved on my PC showing the rain :)

12. Anachronus

It was mainly his impact on I-10 as I have to transverse the projected path. Should not be an issue as things look now.
    Hurricanes make me skittish for obvious reasons.

13. Tugboat

Is it because you're allergic to dihydogen monoxide? I knew someone like that once.

14. Anachronus

Nasty stuff that dihydrogen monoxide.

15. Kotori87

Dihydrogen Monoxide isn't the only hazard to worry about. I recently got exposed to dangerous, carcinogenic radiation during my course of study here at Nuke School. I had finished my homework quickly for once, and was walking from the school building back to my room when I felt a burning sensation on my skin. I looked up and saw this horrendously bright ball of thermonuclear fire spewing radiation above me. I've seen light bulbs overhead before, but those are all safe, navy-approved florescent installations. But this light bulb was on a whole different scale I'd never seen before. It was painful to look at, and I broke into a sweat as I hurried to escape its harmful radiation. What kind of idiot approved the use of a fusion-powered light bulb on a Navy base, anyway? After doing some research, I was appalled to learn that the Navy uses this so-called "sun" bulb to provide illumination for many of its sailors, and sometimes even forces sailors to perform physical exercises under its light, "for their health". Fortunately my current job keeps me well-shielded from its radiation behind several meters of concrete and steel during the hours the "sun" is usually turned on. Sometimes I see them warming it up on my way to class, but from now on I shall always wait until I'm certain the "sun" has been safely de-energized before venturing out again.

I continued to research and discovered that, like the infamous chemical Dihydrogen Monoxide, the Navy isn't the only organization that uses a "sun" light. It seems that most of the Western World now uses this "sun" light to light up many of their public parks and facilities for around 10-12 hours every day. But the problem is even more prolific: it appears that most of the explored galaxy uses "sun" type light bulbs, and some scientists believe their use may even be spreading to other nearby galaxies.

What does this mean for you? According to my research, there is a non-zero probability that the "sun" light bulb will be turned on for part of the battle next weekend. Make sure to bring the correct Personal Protective Equipment for both Dihydrogen Monoxide and this new "sun" light.

16. Tugboat

Wise words, young Kotori. Safety First!

17. Anachronus

That sun-light thing is nucular...it must be dangerous! :D

18. Anachronus

Orleans Parish under Hurricane watch. Have decamped to East Baton Rouge Parish. Forgot Warrior but that's only a minor consideration as I brought all my research.

19. Tugboat

Are you going to be able to make it?
    Edit: Got home from in-laws' house, Brian K came over and we worked on Baden and POW. The new-to-me Polk Tracker III was attuned to my antweight receiver and the servo systems indicated their compliance with my will. POW is live on Ch. 84, steers, drives, pumps, and yes, shoots. And work was also done on a secret project for the Fall Regional :) (Hint: that's THIS battle)

20. mike5334

mike5334 Well-Known Member

Ummm ... does it have to be channel 84? The Verite is on that channel. And the Erin is on 80.