Labor Day Leadfest 2014

Discussion in 'MWC (defunct)' started by Tugboat, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

It's coming this weekend!!!! Currently, Allies vastly outnumber the noble Axis fleet. Q'plah! It is a good day to get pants wet!
    I got Lil Scharnie out, and decided that getting one shot per sortie form the bow gun was unsat (I know, right?). Intensive troubleshooting was unsuccessful in resolving this sad state of affairs, and so one of the stern guns from Malaya was installed. Brian K built this one, with a breech bypass gas line that I asked him to add. It kicks! No more wussy bow gun, Allied vermin!!! Cancel Christmas, Tea Sippers!!!
    We will have 3 armoured cruisers on the water at this event, a new record!! (Lil Scharnie, Lil Gneisie, and HMS Warrior)

2. mike5334

mike5334 Well-Known Member

Considering the Barham will most likely have a Tugboat Stealth Superstructure (TSS) on it, maybe it can be mis-identified as an Axis ship. ;)

3. Anachronus

Anachronus Well-Known Member

Not my Warrior, still on the shelf she sits. My ACR with be the Edgar Quinet class MRO Valcour Aime.

4. Tugboat

Ah, yes, Edgar Qinet. Even more smokestacks!! (The true measure of the combat power of an ACR squadron)

5. Anachronus

Anachronus Well-Known Member

It is why the Counties were complete rubbish. Only three funnels? What were they thinking.

6. Tugboat

Almost done printing the new forward SS for Lil Gneisie!! Also, finally got the Mendel back to where I like it to be, settings-wise. I bit the bullet and switched to Cura 14.07 for slicing duties and I'm much happier (not that Slic3r was bad). Pics as soon as the phone uploads them to G+
    UPDATE: It's a little blurry, and was taken 1/2 hour ago. Getting close to being done and looks great, especially for a quick job. You can see along the long arm parts, that I added tabs for hold-down screws. There is also a hole at the bottom of the recess for the mast that gives you 3 places to screw the SS down. Not relying on just epoxy after having Pete Dimitri put a bounty on my cranes last battle!
    [​IMG]
    Can't wait to post the finished picture!