Lets Take a Poll!!!

Discussion in 'Atlantic Radio Control Club' started by Jay Jennings, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Craig

Craig Active Member

Nope.

2. BoomerBoy17

BoomerBoy17 Active Member

What do you mean i cant choose the French. They had a Navy and ships, thus, they are a choice. But if i was really pushed to choose, i'd say allied

3. Chris Easterbrook

Chris Easterbrook Well-Known Member

The young, so foolish, so brash....so french. the axis are just so dame refined.

4. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

I suppose that French would have be a vote for both sides...wait a minute, this poll is about the smack submitted by the Axis and the Allies. There is no French smack, although if there were it would probably be fluffy and stink of perfume[:D][:D]

5. Jay Jennings

I was hoping to get more votes from some of the guys in the other clubs as well, maybe on the weekend.
    J

6. Craig

Craig Active Member

I vote French if it cancels it sefl out.... one vote either way means nothing.... so I vote French as well. For now... I may reconsider.... but, no evidence to make me vote either way is being presented?

7. Craig

Craig Active Member

ADMIRAL CURT YOU HAVE BEEN ANNOINTED BY THE LLAMAS OF THE ARCC FORUM GROUP TO PRESENT THE SIDE OF THE ALLIES IN THIS MESS.

CAPTAIN CHRIS YOU HAVE BEEN ANNOINTED BY THE POWERS THAT BE OF THE ARCC FORUM GROUP TO PRESENT THE SIDE OF THE AXIS.

DISCUSS GENTLEMAN. KEEP IT CLEAN AND ABOVE THE BELT. NO LLAMAS. NOW.... ARGUE YOUR POINTS!!!!!!!

8. Chris Easterbrook

Well I would but I cannot attack an unarmed foe. Screw this! The allies are a bunch of little garbage scows that blow up the first time anyone shoots at them. Even ADM Jellicoe said there was something wrong with their ships. The Americans had knowledge of the attack on Pearl Harbour and let it happen anyway letting thousands of men die, now that's good leadership. Then there is the flag ship of the british fleet sunk by a single shell from a object of German perfection. As the pride of the Japanese Navy went out on a suicide mission the allies were in such terror they wouldn't even send a battleship to sink her they send the cowardly air arm from their carriers. What happened to honor on the feild of battle...oh yeah there allies, they have no honor.

9. BoomerBoy17

While there is evidence to suggest that Chris, there is also much more to suggest the the President let it happen solely to bring together the American people, but he was not aware of the strength of the impending attack. So, he was taking acceptable losses, in his mind, to enter a war that we not only would have entered anyway, but to enter a war that we had to enter, as Germany would have attacked us after Great Britain, and you know it. This is coming from me, so it is right. And please, only the axis are desperate enough to actually send a Battleship on a suicide mission. Can you say pathetic?

10. Craig

Craig Active Member

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...... Curt? You gonna get in on this? Time to weigh in buddy....

WHAT'S THE MATTER COLONEL SAUNDERS.... CHICKEN?

11. BoomerBoy17

no not chicken..... he's axis(almost the same thing, except a chicken is smart enough to run away when out numbered)

12. Jay Jennings

I think there is a WAY BIG communications oops here. The votes here are for who in the "smack thread" smacks the best and most often, not the real guys who fought in the war. There should be NO shit chucking at any of those who served, fought and died!

Lets try to get back to the spirit of this thread.
    J

13. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Hmmm suicidal? Yes.. pathetic no. That one act by the Yamato did not win the war but to the Japanese it signified the greatest selfless act of the war. The crew and the ship have become legend.The Yamato sympbolizes more than just a great ship of that Nation but of the spirit of Japan. The younger generation have great respect for this mighty ship and have a fascinating intereset in it's symbolic status.

Go down fighting. Unfortuntaly it wasn't the way that the ship was built and intended for ...ship to ship.

They were hoping for a dualing pistol type fight and ended up turning around to point their pistol only to face an entire army armed with everthing at thier disposal.

Tactically brilliant to use Subs to destroy Japan's much needed war resources for thier units. The Subs led the way followed by the Carriers then the surface ships. However The Giants with no Air support, Subsurface support and not enough fuel were beaten before they got going.

I wonder if the Missouri would have ever been sacrifced in that Capacity? Probalby so. If so would it be deemed pathetic? Not to the Japanese.

14. BoomerBoy17

Its only pathetic because they lost, and at that time, there was no use in losing the life or ship, as the war was lost. Now, if they had a chance to win, then it wouldnt be pathetic.

15. Chris Easterbrook

I only need to say one word, Honor that is why the Yammy sailed. Fighting for ones country is never pathetic. I for one would rather fight and be killed, than to surrender without putting up a fight. I may not win but I will take as many of the enemy as I can with me so they will remember who they fought for the rest of their lives.

16. Craig

Craig Active Member

So. As Jay says.... getting back to the poll.... With the ethusastic answers rambling back and forth, we can move now to the next phase and finish the voting. Jay has some votes in ... If that is it PO finish off the thread. Chris and Curt... Will too, if you interested in continuing this conversation, I invite you to keep it clean and start another thread.
    Thanks guys.

17. Jay Jennings

OK back to it.
    [:(!]Allies- Curt, Chuck, Boomer,

[8D]Axis- Jay, Paul, Chris E,

[:eek:)]Undecided- Craig

We need more votes!!!

J

18. BoomerBoy17

I dont like the choice of smileys, but if i do end up buying Ralph Cole's last graf spee hull, which i might, id have to change my vote.

19. Jay Jennings

Boomer, come into the light...

20. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

Sorry Jay my Vote is Allied not Axis.