Liberty ship

Discussion in 'Washington Cascade Column' started by joe thomer, Aug 10, 2011.

1. joe thomer

joe thomer Active Member

The liberty ship is not per the rules and has foam it it.:( It was like this when I bought it from Rad. I believe it's like this because the electronics box is not water proof and all the electronics would be lost if it sunk. I will be putting in an otter box and rewiring it this winter which will allow me to remove the foam so it can sink away. I did install a small bilge pump, have not made the entire conversion to an otter box yet but plan to have it ready to go for next season.:)
    The question: Should I bring it out so we can use it in the current configuration with foam or leave it at home until the entire conversion is complete and it can sink to the bottom?
    thoughts please

2. phill

phill Active Member

I'll get off the computer and fix her sister so you can leave that one in the shop.

3. joe thomer

joe thomer Active Member

will do...new pelican dry box just arrvied too

4. joe thomer

joe thomer Active Member

phil,
    my uncle is enjoying driving the liberty ship. if you have her sister ship ready, would it be ok for him to drive it at our next battle aug 21

5. Hovey

Hovey Admiral (Supporter)

Well that explains why she was stuffed full of foam. Staying afloat and keeping electronics dry are two different problems best solved by two very different solutions. Get that boat water proofed before you take it back out.

6. joe thomer

joe thomer Active Member

Liberty ship now operational

7. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

exxxcellent. everything's in a nice new sealed watertight box, safe from the evil water, ready to sink to the not-so-briney depths?

8. joe thomer

joe thomer Active Member

yes it is,,,, and has a small bidge pump that can be operated from the transmitter now