Sold! LiFe 20Ah brick batteries

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by Kevin P., Aug 20, 2020.

1. Kevin P.

Kevin P. Well-Known Member

Selling 8x 20Ah single cell LiFePO4 bricks since I now use different batteries. Recently cycled them for a capacity check, they are all in pretty good shape. Capacity down to 3.05v ranges between 14.4 Ah to 15.8 Ah. Batteries were purchased 2016-2017, mainly used in 2017 but been in storage status since. Wired up with 12ga silicone wire, terminals insulated with tool dip. Looking for $20 per cell but will consider other offers (new is $35 plus shipping). I don’t think shipping (legally) is viable so pick up at battles only (PA, NC, DC area). Willing to sell any quantity desired.

These batteries are good for Larger class 4 and up. Max discharge rate is 40A which will suit most boats. Much more robust than puffy packs (soft case LiPo’s).

let me know if there are questions
    CB61C985-65DA-4194-9A18-5583FD1A07DB.jpeg
    7F22E413-73CE-47F5-B496-5C9171A190AA.jpeg
    actual capacity listed on each cell
    00922C83-D99B-4FD7-8E4E-FFBFEE7489DC.jpeg
    BF9ACF26-68D9-422D-B42E-6105FF1DCE04.jpeg
    B147DA9E-CA7F-4006-BCE3-54E4AABC9AE1.jpeg
    F09F4FF7-B723-45B2-8C09-42223CA0E12A.jpeg

2. Anvil_x

Anvil_x Well-Known Member

I really wish I could swing by and grab them. But since I can't, I'll just have to say they're a steal, and the person who grabs these will be lucky.

If you change your mind about shipping them, keep me in the Rolodex, Kevin.

3. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

Hey Kevin,
    How heavy are they??
    Nikki

4. Kevin P.

Kevin P. Well-Known Member

Maybe you can bribe Craig @Panzer to shuttling them to MI if you plan to make it to MI this year. I think he's planning to go to the Sept battle in PA

Batteries weigh 1.5 lbs each, way too big for a cruiser

5. Panzer

Panzer Iron Dog Shipwerks and CiderHaus

That is what i just offered him last nite..LOL

6. Anvil_x

I'll see what shakes out of my schedule, Kevin. Half the battle is the Bosses telling me I may be going to Alaska at the drop of a hat (and you know how they love HAZMAT), the other half is a huge road trip vacation I'll be on here soon. We may be able to work this. have to check. I'll give you and Craig an answer ASAP

7. Anvil_x

Oh. Hey. Look at that. Gimme a bit while I work out the logistics of bending my road trip through southern Michigan. I'd be looking at grabbing four of them.

Screenshot (582).png

8. Panzer

Panzer Iron Dog Shipwerks and CiderHaus

I think the "usastaffingoffice" wants you to come work over here by us in the LP.:woot::woot::woot:

9. Anvil_x

lolololol Huron-Manistee needs pre-sale foresters.
    I'm a Sale Administrator.
    I yell at pre-sales when they do stupid stuff.

I swear this job was designed for old Combat Arms NCOs.

10. Nate G

Nate G Well-Known Member

When I looked into these years ago, I thought one of the selling points was that they were "UN Approved" for travel anywhere?

11. Anvil_x

Yes. you are correct to a point. My HAZMAT certs expired a while back, but they are classed and handled differently from LiPO. you still have to do *some* paperwork to ship them, but they can be done through UPS ground without all the headaches it takes for LiPO.

On a scale of 1-10, with one being shipping normal stuff, and 10 being shipping Class 1.1E (the best kind of explosives) or radiological crap, the complexity is about a two or three.

For example, I couldn't get these batteries delivered when I lived in Alaska. because the company did not want to do the paperwork for the monthly HAZMAT barge.
    When I do finally return home, I will have to take the AMHS ferry back. When I get on the ferry, I will debark the batteries and put them in the HAZMAT bin in the forward part of the Columbia's car deck. I'll leave the thousand-plus rounds of ammo in my truck, which will have a "HAZ" sticker affixed to the windshield.

In this particular case, shipping LiFePO4 around the lower 48 isn't bad, it's just annoying.

Also, @Nate G , that's a mighty fine Standard-Type Battleship in your profile.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020