Light weight Regulators

Discussion in 'Weapons & Pneumatics' started by Chris Easterbrook, Sep 19, 2008.

1. GregMcFadden

GregMcFadden Facilitator RCWC Staff

sweet. let me know when you get some and the drawings, we can see what it takes to make the adapters...

2. phill

phill Active Member

Are we going to put together a buy of regulators? I'm interested.

3. thegeek

thegeek Well-Known Member

High pressure side can't be made by captains only by manufacturers. This is a basic IRCWCC rule to prevent "amature machinists" from blowing my foot off in the pits.
    Carlo "yes I machine things for my low pressure side"

4. GregMcFadden

Assuming they give us the actual drawings, a buisness that manufactures things, aka, a manufacturer, can be found readily. If we have to design our own, things get a bit more dubious. Depending on the interface, it is possible, that a combination of commercial, readilly available components, combined together, might make a proper interface.

5. Mark

Mark Active Member

I guess its a good thing I'm not in the IRCWCC. If the design comes from the manufacture and the part is made according to spec who's to know the difference? the answer is...your wallet:)

6. thegeek

thegeek Well-Known Member

The problem is the insurance, who is normally NAMBA or MWC, both require manufactured items from sources other than your garage.

7. GregMcFadden

and if it comes manufactured by XYZ machine shop, it didn't come from my garage...
    Or better yet just go to any of the 10,000 different paintball manufacturers big or small and have them make something for us... then it is manufactured.
    Easy to deal with.

8. Mark

Mark Active Member

pics of the reg and adapter cup and 16gm cup
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. djranier

djranier Well-Known Member

Have you talked to Palmer about what you need?

Here is a adapter that only has the female tank threads on one side, and the other can be custimized to fit your needs. Just ask how much it will be to get the custimized side to accept a 1.125 UNF male fitting. They do not even need to know what you are doing with it. It lists for $15.

http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=40&products_id=972

10. GregMcFadden

nice find. May work nicely.

11. Mark

Mark Active Member

that sounds good but if you look at the brass insert there is a nipple that goes up into the bottom of the reg and seals against an O-ring, this would be nessary on the adapter. I can take my calipers and measure all the parts and give Palmer a callto see if it would be possibleto make, I don't think it would be wise to "hide" from him what we're trying to do as he brobably looks at this site and might get offended later. plus it would be helpful for them to see the pics to understand whats needed

12. djranier

Found a fixed 150 psi regulator I purchased for $40, and will try in the next week or so. I does have a 1/4 inch port, so I will need to get a adapter for it.
    [​IMG]

13. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

How much does this unit weigh?

14. djranier

About the same, just a tad lighter, as a standard regulator, just somthing different

15. Mark

Mark Active Member

greg, those regs I got from the manufacturer, If I sent you one do you have the time to look into making a light wieght adapter for our application? I can send you the brass insert also.

16. GregMcFadden

I suspect that the best option would be to contact http://www.whitewolfairsmithing.com/ or a similar company about making an adapter, as that would make them legal for use in IRC/mwc/ any of the other groups that demand a part be made by a "manufacturer"

17. Evil Joker

Evil Joker Member

18. KeriMorgret

KeriMorgret Facilitator RCWC Staff Vendor

Stephen was using that one in LA earlier this month, and I think he was finding wear on it after just a couple of days of use. I'll ask him to chime in on this thread. He was going to give feedback to the company as well.

19. Gascan

Gascan Active Member

That regulator Stephen had looked really cool. I hope it works out, it would really help making small ships.

20. Windrider0275

Windrider0275 Member

I use the Strike Models small regulator with the set 150psi. Very good and fits well in my Gearing! It can be used with a capsule adapter or a bottle.

Steve