Light weight Regulators

Discussion in 'Weapons & Pneumatics' started by Chris Easterbrook, Sep 19, 2008.

1. SteveT44

SteveT44 Well-Known Member

Has anybody tested this Composite regulator from Genuine Innovations?

2. KeriMorgret

KeriMorgret Facilitator RCWC Staff Vendor

That may have been the one that Stephen tested and there were problems. I'll have him add a comment into this thread.

3. smorgret

smorgret Vendor

I tried this one out last year in a destroyer. It worked ok for the first 10 catridges, then it started leaking. The piercer forces the cartrige off to the side and this wears the plasic side of the inlet and makes it difficult to get the o-ring at the base to seal properly. It was not a large leak, but you don't have much to work with.

Stephen Morgret
    Strike Models

4. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

By the by... is the easier-to-use plastic seal for the Strike fixed regulator ready for prime time? :) I would love to replace the stock one!

5. KeriMorgret

KeriMorgret Facilitator RCWC Staff Vendor

Tuggy, drop Stephen an email and explain WTF you're talking about please. We're clueless.

6. Tugboat

LOL it was mentioned in one of the threads about regulators... about the plastic washer that seals the joint between the CO2 bottle and the regulator when your thread the bottle in... The ones that the regulators shipped with take a metric butt-ton of force to seal, to the extent that I and some other users have had to use a wrnech to connect/remove the CO2 bottle. Stephen had replied earlier that a new one was on the way along with some changes to the regulator or something.... I'll dig up the quote.

7. Tugboat

Okay, it took quite a bit of searching... but I found some quotes:

Keri quote:
    'Stephen says:
    1) Don't be afraid that you're over-torquing it. The CGA-320 connection is designed for that fit.
    2) The next batch will have the CGA-323 connection, which is design specifically for paintball tanks and won't have this issue.
    3) If you need to reposition the orientation of the regulator, you can add a second gasket.'

Stephen quote:
    'The new regulator will be quite similar to the existing one. There will be some form changes, but the internals will be almost identical. I need to switch soon because the manufacturer is running out of the fixed version of the bodies, and we figured we would get something that fit our needs a little better. The addition of the paintball connection (CGA-323) will be the major change from the existing industrial CGA-320 connection. This connection allows for some weight savings (pin valves are lighter than on/off valves) and will allow the fixed regulator to work on HPA bottles (I have not seen an HPA bottle with an on/off valve). '

That's WTF I was talking about. Kind of randomly brought it up, and the thread I'm quoting was way back in August, not like something that would've been in the forefront of your mind ;) Just my ADD randomly popping thoughts in my head. But I would really love to not have to use a wrench lakeside for the CO2. :) Like I said in the other thread also: one little gripe does not mean that I don't love your regulator; in fact, it's the only one I recommend to new battlers!

8. dietzer

dietzer Admiral (Supporter)

FYI...

The website given earlier in this thread (http://www.co2pros.com) no longer exists...
    Looks like the website was a companion site to another company, Genuine Innovations, which still carries the composite regulator:
    www.genuineinnovations.com/composite-regulator.html

Carl

9. SteveT44

I was never able to get Genuine Innovations to supply me one of these regs at a decent price so bought one from this UK company.
    http://www.reallyquiteuseful.co.uk/...tions.html

They coudln't ship the two CO2 capsules via airmail so they credited their cost towards shipping and called it even. FYI, I just tested the reg last night in my Mogador project.
    Steve

10. Tugboat

Tyng-san... did it ship with the cup for 12g unthreaded cartridges, or did you have to buy/fabricate one?

11. SteveT44

The cup is for 16g cartridges.

12. Lou

Lou It's just toy boats -->> C T D <<-- Admiral (Supporter)

Any update on this Regulator? Does it still work?

13. Cannonman

Cannonman Ultimate Hero :P -->> C T D <<--

I've been trying to find a source for one of these for a week or so... the manufacturer never got back to me, and one of the UK distributers doesn't ship to the US.

14. absolutek

absolutek -->> C T D <<--

I ordered mine from one of the UK suppliers, I had to ask them to take out the 16g CO2 cartridges though, that is why they wouldn't ship it to Canada. It was still cheaper than what Genuine Innovations wanted before S&H.

15. Cannonman

I Haven't gotten an answer to my email inquirey to Genuine Innovations yet, Ultraflate in the UK doesn't ship anything to the US (They said something about insurance issues when I called them!?) The only other supplier was reallyquiteuseful in the UK, but my browser didnt like thier security certificate which appears to have expired......
    How do the regulators work out? Are they worth me continuing to pursue aquiring one, or am I better off coming up with a different solution? I'm building one of the Orfey class destroyers, so size and weight is a big issue, and these seem like they would solve all the problems.

16. tgdavies

tgdavies Active Member

FWIW, these people https://www.co2cartridges.co.uk sell the regulators and their site is "for sales outside the EU only" -- so they are probably worth a try.

17. Cannonman

Thanks Tom, I have been on that site before, I think they are a sister site to Ultraflate. When you add the items to the cart and go to checkout, it says they do not ship to the US in the drop down menu :( I need to expand my horizons and meet some people from abroad who could relay the shipment for me or fly to the UK, buy one and bring it back myself! He HE, kind of bumps up the cost of the regulator at that point though!

18. tgdavies

tgdavies Active Member

They will ship to Australia (where I am), but the cheapest shipping is GBP 26.99, which makes it pretty expensive.

19. absolutek

absolutek -->> C T D <<--

I used reallyquiteuseful.co.uk. You can checkout with PayPal so the expired cert isn't really that big of a deal.

20. JKN

JKN Member

Thats odd, I have an ultraflate bicylcle emercgency reflate stick that looks a little like a pepperspray can and it takes a 16g co2 cartidge.